Sunday, February 23, 2014

Second Chances, and third, and fourth . . .

This week’s big achievement was my radio interview on Advantage Radio Ministries. It went ok. I whine more about it below, so I won’t whine here.

I. READING
A. Weekly goal
1. Read five other blog posts a week.  Yes.       
2. Read ten hours a week in one of the books I am reading.  Yes, I think I did.  
B. Goals for the Round                           
1. Have finished reading five books. Still at three.

II. WRITING
A. Weekly goal
1. Work on something five times a week.     
a. Work on “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”, the second book in the Bible Stories in 40 Days series. Yes, it took me most of the day Friday to write one entry, mostly because I get so easily distracted and ended up reading everything I could find on the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, which had nothing to do with what I was writing about.    
b. Write on my novel. No.
c. Write my blog posts. No, I only blogged twice in The Dino Chronicles and once here.
B. Goals for the Round.  
1. Have finished the first draft of “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”. No.
2. Have written half of my novel.  No.

III. REACHING
A.      Weekly goal.
1. Promote either one of my books on one other site or in person. Yes, I had my radio interview on Tuesday. It went ok, would have been better but on the recording it sounds like my phone was cutting in and out and I don’t know what that was all about.  
2. Comment on two other blog posts.  Yes.
3. Research markets for an hour. Yes, a long time ago, I found a link that lists a bunch of different markets, so I have been reading up on those.   
4. Keep up on social media, responding to all messages.  Yes.
5. Contact one organization about a speaking engagement. Hmm? I don’t think I did anything here.  
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have submitted three pieces somewhere. I am still at one.
2. Have booked three speaking engagements or book signings. I haven’t added any since the radio interview I just had. Well, I do have an interview at our local newspaper this week. It is for our nonprofit, but I am sure I can slip the book in there too.

IV. PERSONAL
A. Exercise - Continue exercising four times a week, including running on the treadmill.  Yes.
B. Nonprofit - Continue working on Tumaini Volunteers, Inc., applying for tax exempt status by the end of the Round.  Nah, I don’t think I did anything with the nonprofit this week. My daughter did hear from the IRS. She is all bummed out coz they told her it would be another 90 to 180 days before we find out if we are tax exempt or not. I told her she should have expected that, considering how the federal government works. She has been working diligently on the fundraiser and I am waiting in the wings for her to put me to work.
C. Sewing - Finish two projects this Round. Yes, well, or at least I finally finished one thing. The curtains for my bedroom in the basement.

Here are the curtains, and also the link to my radio interview. 


No comments:

Post a Comment