Sunday, April 12, 2015

no excuses week

Here I am, finally ready to jump whole-heartedly into this Round and to get myself back on track. I have stuff going on three nights this coming week, besides dog-sitting for my sister. I am not going to accept any excuses though. I have sat around for long enough – I think it is going on two months. Really? It is time to get off my duff and get something done.

WRITING GOALS for the ROUND
·         Finish writing “The Early Ministry of Jesus in 40 Days” – here is one of those goals that just hangs out there like day-old donuts. (No, I don’t know what that means, it just wanted to be written.) I am going to get back at this though, I really am.  
·         Edit seven chapters of “Hope Through God’s Redemption” – this is the working title I am giving to the manuscript which I am going to fix for that friend-of-a-friend, the memoir I read before Christmas and now have committed myself to working on. It doesn’t just need editing, it needs a makeover. We will see what I can do with it.  
·         Submit four items for publication – I haven’t even submitted three things in the last three months, I don’t know why I felt the need to up this. I think because I have two pieces which I have found markets for, so part of the work is done.
·         Have worked up to running a full 5K Friday I signed up the 5K here in town on the Fourth of July. Right now I am only running a mile (one-third of a 5K) three or four times a week. By the middle of June, I better have worked that up to the total three miles so that I can be working on a better time than when I ran two years ago. Problem is this body is not getting any younger.  

My goals for the coming week:
·         Post to this blog twice, post to my other blog three times.
·         Read six blog posts, commenting on three of them.
·         Write two entries in “Early Ministry”.  
·         Edit one chapter in “Hope”.
·         Promote on each of my social media sites.
·         Submit a piece.
·         Run three times. 

There you have it. How are your goals shaping up for this Round? Are you already having second thoughts and trying to decide where you need to tweek things? 
And if I have too many distractions in my office, I will have to move up on the roof. 
(Picture taken Friday when my daughter and I went bummin'.)

1 comment: