Sunday, March 18, 2018

Rockin' it on vacation

Here’s why I really appeared to be a sluggard the last couple weeks. The family and I were on vacation at the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri last week, and I had spent the week before getting stuff ready for it. I know a lot of people broadcast it all over the internet when they are out of town on vacation, but isn’t that like saying, “we aren’t home, feel free to break in our house and take the flat screen off the wall”?

We had a good time and I did manage to spend some time every day on the computer, writing and reaching.

Here are those puny goals from last week. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is goal at least worked on, red lettering is goal not even attempted. all.   

1. Go through 15 more chapters of “The Truth Beyond the River,” fixing typos and other glaring mistakes. Yeah! Got 16 chapters done.
2. Write three posts for the “Dino Chronicles”. Done. Thanks, in part to a co-worker practically writing Wednesday’s post for me.
 
B. REACHING
1. Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. Read six,  commented on three. .
2. Promote “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” in one tiny painless way, coz I can’t just dump it by the side of the road completely. Hmm? I always feel like if I can’t remember, I probably didn’t do it. I did mention it on my Friday blog post, but it was truly a tiny mention. Oh, hold it, I also did ask two friends for a review of it, which one friend did. And I also talked to another friend who is going to help me get a book signing in her town. I started out yellow here but think I can give myself a green.    
3. The publisher of my three other books is offering them for free as an electronic download for five days next week, so I will promote that on all my social media. I posted it like a trooper every day except yesterday when I totally forgot!
4. BONUS. Submitted a poem to Wilda Morris’s Monthly Poetry Challenge.
           
C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible. I got a little behind while on vacation.
2. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”.  Yes, every morning, before I get out of bed.

D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Give it a break and veg out all week. I pretty much rocked that un-goal!
b. But on behalf of my kidneys, I still need to be aware of my water intake.  No, not really, well, yes, I was aware of my water intake, just mostly aware of how much I was not drinking.
2. Home fires
a. Maybe we can let them go out this week, I’m feeling Spring in the air, after all. Yea, I pretty much let them go out completely.
a. Come up with a new and different way to promote the nonprofit. I had thought, that since I was with both my kids this week, that we could spend some time together working on this, but it didn’t really happen. My son did help me make a few updates to the website, so that was something.  

Actually, though I didn’t give myself much to do last week, I’d have to say I’m happy that I got all of that done, sitting in a condo in Missouri. I’m home now and it’s time to buckle down and make impressive strides. 

A. WRITING
1. Finish going through “The Truth Beyond the River,” fixing typos and other glaring mistakes.
2. Do a thorough edit on my book proposal.
3. Write three posts for the “Dino Chronicles”.
 
B. REACHING
1. Read five other blogs and comment on three of them.
2. Send the proposal to the next agent on my list (assuming I haven’t heard from the first one).  
a. Contact the business my friend mentioned to me for a book signing.
b. Contact two more friends asking for a review.   

C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible.
2. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”. 
3. Last week I started reading a novel, “The Hideaway”, so I want to get ¾ of the way through that.

D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Seriously work out five days.
b. Increase my water intake.
c. Cut way back on my sweets intake.   
2. Home fires
a. I gotta clean up my mom’s papers. It’s been 13 months; I think some of it can go.  
a. Promote the craft sale we have coming up April 7 and 8. 

That should do it. Have you got plans for a spring vacation? Do you agree it might not be safe sharing those plans in detail on the internet? Are we almost done with this ROW of 80 days? And is it time to start with fresh goals for the next Round? 
Lakewood Resort where we stayed in the Lake of the Ozarks. Our condo is circled. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice work! And I love that picture! Awesome about the vacation. It sounds like it was wonderful.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all that green -- and while on vacation! I especially appreciate that steady dedication to revision and the neat way you organize progress made and goals for the coming week. Maybe "puny" doesn't really describe your planning and hard work -- while relaxing with family. Your marketing goals made me smile (latest book left by the side of the road???). Perseverance furthers! Re Tunmaini Volunteers, maybe you could put a link to this organization on your sidebar so that folks who come here could easily find out more. Meanwhile, welcome home and have a great week with lots more green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth, your comments, as always are helpful and appreciated. I have a link to the nonprofit on my other blog, but never thought to put it on this one. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete