Friday, October 13, 2023

Introducing My Next Book

 Shortly after I had my first kidney stone in 2017, I got the idea to write a devotional about dealing with problems in life – things that feel like boulders, rocks, or stones. I renewed that idea earlier this summer when I realized that my back pain, which started the first of April, wouldn’t have a quick fix. I started reading past blog posts dealing with various pains I’d had and started compiling them into forty days of entries. I’m currently editing it.

           Here’s my thought for a blurb for the book:

Part memoir, part devotional, this book is composed of forty posts from my blog, The Dino Chronicles. Each entry, written over the past ten years, shares a time in my life when I was dealing with pain, whether from kidney stones, broken bones, chronic back pain, or the pain of loss. During those times, my faith in a loving God and His written words gave me the strength to face each day.

If you are struggling with any sort of physical or emotional pain, it is my wish that at least some of these passages will give you hope that tomorrow will be a better day. And that you will find relief and an answer to your prayers.

           Here are potential titles. I’ve written two previous devotionals, “The Christmas Story in 40 Days” and “The Early Life of Jesus in  40 Days”, which is why I wanted to stick with the 40 Days theme. I’m just not sure how to word it so it makes sense.

Bones and Stones and Pain, Oh, My – Dealing with Pain in 40 Days

Bones and Stones and Pain:  Coming out on the other side in 40 Days

Bones and Stones and Pain - 40 Day Devotional for When You’re in Pain

Bones and Stones and Pain - 40 Days of Living in Pain

Pebbles, Rocks, and Kidney Stones – Pain in 40 Days 

           And lastly, here are just a few very rough-draft ideas for the covers. Any and all of your thoughts would be appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment