Sunday, February 11, 2018

Roller Coaster Week



The whole week was one big long roller coaster ride that I don’t need to revisit here. Time to just move on.

Here are last week’s goals. At least, with all my turmoil, I have a variety of color, maybe even leaning a little to the green. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is goal at least worked on, red lettering is goal not even attempted.  

A. WRITING
1. Finish the chapter by chapter summary of “The Truth Beyond the River”. Up to chapter 36, still have a way to go.
2. Start writing the other stuff I need for submitting “The Truth”, such as marketing plan and query letter. Nope.
3. Write three posts to the “Dino Chronicles”. Yup.

B. REACHING
1. Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. Read five and commented on three.
2. Choose a literary agent to query.  Am still researching agents, there are more out there than a person realizes.
3. Promote “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” in one totally painless way. I posted an excerpt from it on my other blog. And I also got a note from the lady I sold a book to. She wrote, “Thanks so much. Love the spacing of sentences. Easier reading. Cheers to your next book. Remember me.” What a sweetie, huh? I have her note tacked up above my computer for when I think I stink. 

C. READING
1. Read daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible. Yup.
2. Daily read “Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee”. I think so.
3. Read daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”.  Yup.

D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Do something physical twice every day. Last Sunday, I started a graph to keep track of this, and then never got past marking it on Sunday. But I think I was pretty close to this goal.
b. Cut back on sweets. No, not really.
c. Increase water intake.  I really tried, as my right kidney area has been aching and I’m worried it’s another kidney stone.
2. Home fires
a. Snap pictures of two dozen old photos. Did 32 of them.
b. Get my son to fix the scanner so I can scan those pictures.  Nope, the creep didn’t make it to my house this weekend, though he was in town.
a. Work on the procedure manual. Yeah! I got a pretty good start on it.
b. Sign up for two craft shows in the spring. Contacted two people regarding two shows.
c. Post two items for sale on Etsy. Nope, kind of forgot all about it.
We are having a meeting of Tumaini Volunteers today, so hopefully that will be productive. Other than that, I’ll be keeping the list pretty much the same for next week.

A. WRITING
1. Do fifteen more chapters of the chapter by chapter summary of “The Truth Beyond the River”.
2. Start writing a query letter for submitting “The Truth”.     
3. Write three posts to the “Dino Chronicles”.

B. REACHING
1. Read five other blogs and comment on three of them.  
            2. Choose a literary agent to query.  
3. Promote “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” in one totally painless way.

C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible.
2. Daily read “Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee”.
3. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”. 

D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Do something physical twice every day.
b. Cut back on sweets.
c. Increase water intake. 
2. Home fires
a. Snap pictures of two dozen old photos.  
a. Decide when and who will be going on trips this year.   
c. Work on the procedure manual.
d. Post two items for sale on Etsy.

5 comments:

  1. Lots of green, Chris! You can feel good about that, for sure :) Have a wonderful and productive week coming up :)

    Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you did really well this week! Congrats! Also, awesome about the note!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're making great progress, Chris! That's wonderful news about the note from a reader. I bet that feels amazing! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete