Sunday, July 7, 2019

Back in the Saddle

In the saddle, back in the mid-seventies, on my cousin's horse Shawn. Gotta love the socks. 

Monday I announced that I was back in the saddle and ready to rock this writing thing. Okay, that’s not what I wrote, and that’s not my intention. My intention, instead, is to be realistic, to take one baby footstep at a time, one second at a time.

I’ve accomplished very little as far as writing is concerned this year so far. Actually, I’ve accomplished very little in any regard. Those baby footsteps have been sloth-like in their rate. Anyway, here we are, halfway through the year and it’s time to get going.

That being said, here are my goals for the next three months, nothing earth-shattering, but hopefully attainable.

  1)    Write 1,000 words a week on my Work In Progress. At this point, I’m hoping that WIP is my latest novel, but I am going to be open to where the muse takes me. As long as I work on something which somewhere down the line has potential for publication.
  2)    Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles. The last few weeks I have been faithfully posting thrice weekly about my sister’s life and death. It’s been a bit depressing at times, but since last month marked the 20th year anniversary of her passing and in one week she would have turned 60, I wanted to honor her. Previous to that series, I had been slacking in even writing to that blog, so I really want to stick with it.  
  3)    Continue tweaking my book proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River.” I submitted it to a literary agent last week, but want it to be ready to go to the next agent on my list if this one turns it down.

And that’s all folks. No other weekly goals for this chick. I’m going to stop overextending myself, going to enjoy life and not sweat some long crazy list to accomplish.

Wishing you all the very best in meeting your goals as well.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice balance of three simple goals -- writing, family connections/blogging, and publishing. I typically try to write 1,000 words a week as well . . . and will remember your advice to stop overextending. But there's that quilt I promised to finish by Saturday. Perseverance furthers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those seem like some good goals for getting back into things. Hope they go well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice way to get back into the saddle I think! I hope things go well for you.

    ReplyDelete