Monday, July 1, 2019

I'm Back

The last time I posted here it was the first part of April. I had been struggling with my writing as well as life in general since the first of the year. I’d tried various things to get myself motivated, but as you can tell by the three months absence, nothing has worked. I won’t go into the sorry state of affairs that I have been living in the entire 2019. Oh, I shouldn’t be dramatic, but I can’t lie, it’s been a rough six months. I’ll give you just the most recent calamity.


I broke my foot on Memorial Day. Luckily it was nothing serious – I know, when is a broken bone ever not serious? But it didn’t require surgery, I was not encased in a cast, I was only non-weight bearing for a few weeks. And actually, it’s what pushed me around the corner.

I haven’t gone great guns and started writing ruthlessly. Last time I posted here, I said that I was going to write something every day. That didn’t come close to happening. But at least in recent weeks, the muse has returned to my head, has settled in and begun whispering to me “you can write”. In fact, last night, after I was cozy in bed, an idea for a short story popped in my head and I had to jump up and type the opening lines into my computer so I wouldn’t forget it.

Where does that leave me with goals for the next three months? Umm, it leaves me staring at the screen, my fingers resting gently on the keyboard.

I got nothing.

But I will keep at it. Hopefully in the next few days – or more likely weeks – I will come up with something I intend to complete by the end of September.

I am at least back and I’m not going anywhere.  

Just a few of the issues this year.
Basement flooded three times. 
Lost a tree. 
Lost a cat. Lost my smile. About lost my mind. 



2 comments:

  1. What a horrible year! Glad you are back. I haven't been back since start of Round 2 either. But I want this second half of the year to be better than the first.
    All the best for this round. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete