Sunday, October 25, 2020

not a rock star

 I knew I wasn’t going to be a rock star this past week, but I really thought I would be able to get something done. But alas, I didn’t accomplish much. Yes, we still had a lot going on with my mother-in-law’s estate, but really? The only thing that I truly had no control over is that it was snowy much of the week and never got much above freezing, so we couldn’t get anything done in the yard.

Here’s what little I did get done. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

1) My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.

a. Promote it somehow. Nope, pretty sure I did not.

2) My WIP, the novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,700 words. Wrote 1,577 words. I have got to pick up the pace!

3) Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. Nope, which is a shame as there is so much to say about it right now.

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”.                  Yup.

c. Write a poem, because it is poetry month and I haven’t written any in a long time, and any time I go to a funeral, I come home with thoughts of poems to write in my head. Nope, are you kidding?

4) Other stuff.

a. Work in the yard.

i) finishing raking the yard. Kinda hard to do in the                   snow.

ii) finishing prepping my garden for winter. Again,                    snow.

b. Finishing working at my MIL’s house. Yes, we did as much as we could and called it quits.  

I don’t have any excuses for the upcoming week. I am still exhausted from the last two weeks, but I will start getting caught up on sleep a little every day (I hope). And right now the forecast is for half-way decent weather later in the week, so we better get that yard work done.

1) My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.

a. Promote it somehow.  

2) My WIP, the novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,700 words.

3) Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles.  

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”.

4) Other stuff.

a. Work in the yard.

i) finish raking the yard.  

ii) finish prepping my garden for winter.

b. In addition to lots of other collections, my MIL collected sweatshirts. I brought over fifty of them home with me. I decided to make them into throws, but I need to first wash them all, so I want to wash and prep the first batch. Sounds easy enough, right?   

Looks like baby steps, but that is good enough for now. 

Stay safe and stay healthy.  Chris

(Oh, and if anyone running the show down at Blogger reads this, I still hate the changes you made. I do not want double spacing between my bullet points, but you don't seem to care what I want.)

Hubby and I, at the lake in his home town, the last decent weather day we had


1 comment:

  1. Sorry last week did not go too well. Maybe it's the autumnal mood, with days getting shorter and us getting less light.

    I hope this week is better!

    ReplyDelete