Sunday, November 1, 2020

Time Change Blues

I always spend this Sunday in November, the one where we turn our clocks back an hour for some invalid reason (I know the reason, but it no longer seems applicable), waiting to go back to bed. I slept well last night, until the dog woke me at 3:30. His usual time to get up is 4:30, so I knew this was coming, but every year I hope I have it wrong and he will sleep until 5:30. I hate this day more every year.

So, here I am, finally getting around to writing this, at five pm and it is pitch black outside. Only six months of this. Oh, boy.

Here’s what little I did get done this past week. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

1) My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.”

a. Promote it somehow. Nope, but I may at least have an idea for next week.

2) My WIP, the novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,700 words. Only wrote 2,111 words, but I did do some research one night. I need to add that goal for next week.

3) Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. Yes, wrote two entries for a total of 1,018 words. The entire chronicle is up to 36,739 words!

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”.               Yes.

4) Other stuff.

a. Work in the yard.

i) finish raking the yard. No, because – are you kidding me? – we still have snow on the ground. I think I give up.

ii) finish prepping my garden for winter. No, same as                 above.

b. Start the sweatshirt throw from my mother-in-law’s sweatshirts. Yes.  I washed and cut eight of them into squares.   

Next weekend, my daughter and I hope to run down to see my son. Those things are so important, especially right now. We’re getting a hotel room, and hopefully the weather is nice enough to do things outside, because otherwise, we will hole up in the room and just visit, I guess.

Here’s what I plan to get done in addition to the family visit.

1) My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.”

a. Write a blog post about it, as I haven’t done that in quite             some time.   

2) My WIP, the novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,700 words.

b. Do an hour of research.  

3) Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. 

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”.

c. Research markets to submit to.

4) Other stuff.

a. Work in the yard. I’m leaving this here, but really leaving it up to Hubby to get done.

b. The sweatshirt throw.

i. Start sewing squares together.

ii. Buy the backing for it.

As usual, lately, that doesn’t sound like much of a list. Wish me luck with it. And hoping you are doing well with your lists of things to do. Oh, and best wishes to everyone tackling NaNoWriMo.

Stay safe and stay healthy.  Chris 

Only about half the sweatshirts we salvaged from Hubby's mom's house.

The first stack cut into squares. 

1 comment:

  1. We change time on the last Sunday in October, so it's been 2 weeks now and we're pretty much used to it now, but the kids were up early too!
    It could be the last time ever we change time in Europe, but nothing is clear, so we'll see. I hope you're getting used to the new time by now!

    ReplyDelete