Sunday, November 15, 2020

Trying to Move Forward with my Goals

COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc on my life. On Wednesday, I had contact with three people at work who came back positive. It shouldn’t be a big deal; well, it is and it isn’t. I’m not afraid of catching it and ending up in the hospital on a vent or anything like. I just don’t want to have to think about it.

How much time would I have to be off work? What if Hubby gets it from me? What if I get it from him, as he was also in close contact with someone last week who tested positive. I know that I am singing to the choir, but – I want the pandemic to go away!

In the meantime, life goes on and I need to get a grip, maybe try focusing on my goals.

Here’s how this week went. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

1) My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.”

a. Write a blog post about it. Nope, there’s just too much else to blog about!

b. Email a woman who asked me for more information on it. Done. And actually, she just emailed me back and would like me to mail her a copy. Yeah.     

2) My WIP, the novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,700 words. Wrote one chapter for 1,561 words. Seems that I can only sneak in one chapter a week. Argh. That’s not much.

b. Do an hour of research. Once again, I can’t say it was an hour, but it seems as I am writing along, I always end up having to stop to look something up.  

3) Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. Yes. Wrote three entries actually and blogged about it on Friday. Obviously, it has been on my mind.  

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”. Yes.

c. Research markets to submit to. A little bit.

4) Other stuff.

a. The sweatshirt throw.

i. Wash the backing and sew it together.  Yes. Didn’t turn out as I  would have liked, but that’s why I made a practice one. I’m calling this first one Primrose, after Katniss Everdeen’s little sister, when she talks about her duck tails hanging out. I have duck tails on this throw.

ii. Cut out more squares for the next one. Yes.

b. Start posting some of our stuff for sale on Facebook Marketplace. Posted the set of Russian legends plates and sold them in a day!

I’ve been looking at these goals, and my life, and thinking that it’s time to move forward on this list. I’m going to return to my writing, reaching, reading, remaining template, in an attempt to be more productive and diverse. And hopefully organized.

A.    Writing

1. My novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,700 words.

b. Do an hour of research.

            2. Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. 

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”.

B. Reaching

      1. I’m going to do a Christmas promo this year for all my books.

                  a. Write a blog post about it.

                  b. Send out an email on it to my prescribers.

C. Reading

1.  Read blog posts by four other people.

           2. Read a book in the Bible. Three years ago, I started reading through the Bible, for the second time. My goal was to finish it in two years, and here I am, with four books left to read. Would like to get it done by the end of the year, but once I get to that final book, Revelations? That’s a tough one to absorb. I’ll try to work on it a little bit more and see how far I get.

           3. Start a new novel. I just finished “I’ll Watch the Moon” by Ann Tatlock. I liked it a lot. I have a long list of other books to read, just have to pick one.

D. Remaining

      1. The sweatshirt throw.

                  a. Wash a dozen more sweatshirts.

b. Cut out more squares. This is going to be much more time-consuming than anticipated, as I have to wash all of the sweatshirts first. I still have forty-some waiting for that first step. I think I will cut the arms off prior to throwing them in the wash, so I can wash more at one time (my washing machine has a spin cycle problem, so I can only run small loads). Plus, I think I should get them all done and laid out so I know which patterns will go together. I do overthink everything!

           2. Post two more items for sale on Facebook Marketplace.

           3. Family tree. Work on that one evening. I started back on it this weekend, working on my husband’s family. Finding some interesting stuff there.  

Hope you are doing well and rocking your goals. Stay safe and stay healthy.  Chris 

(And my apologies again that the formatting on this isn't consistent. Stupid blogger! Not sure how much more of this I can take!

The finished first sweatshirt throw, made with some of my mother-in-law's oldest sweatshirts,
as I'll need practice on this. 

The ducktail in the corner. Not supposed to be there. 

Next set of items to try to sell. Aren't they cute? Not in my house, though. 


1 comment:

  1. I hope you can find a sense of serenity despite it all. Accepting this new situation is hard and we can only hope this is not going to become the new normal in the end.
    I don't know how you feel about meditation, but I find it helps with things that are so much beyond our control. I used a free guided meditation app called Medito, and they even added a pandemic section. Hopefully, that could help you.

    ReplyDelete