Sunday, November 8, 2020

I wish I knew . . .

I wish I knew where this past week went to. Once again, it’s Sunday evening, and I’m looking at my list of goals, going – what happened here?

Work, Monday through Thursday, was the usual load of stress and then I had a long list of chores to do around the house on Friday. Saturday morning, my daughter and I jumped in the car and drove down to see my son. We had a great visit, and I just got back home a couple hours ago. 

And, yes, I am still struggling with the time change thing, feeling like I need to get ready for bed by seven o’clock. It’s a real struggle.

So in addition to that, here’s what I got done from my list. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

1) My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.”

a. Write a blog post about it, as I haven’t done that in quite some time. Nope.   

2) My WIP, the novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,700 words. Wrote 2,953 words and two chapters. So close.

b. Do an hour of research. I did some, but honestly, it wasn’t an hour.

3) Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. Yes.  

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”. No, only                     two. Somehow, in my determination to avoid the election all week, I               wrote a post Tuesday night and totally forgot to post it. Yikes.  

c. Research markets to submit to. Hmm? I don’t think so.  

4) Other stuff.

a. Work in the yard.  Done. Friday, Hubby finished the last of the leaves, and I crawled up on the roof and blew out the gutters with the leaf blower. It was very satisfying, but my upper back and shoulders are still killing me.

b. The sweatshirt throw.

i. Start sewing squares together. Got the whole front together.

ii. Buy the backing for it. Yup.

As I often believe on Sunday night, I don’t think I have anything extra going on this week. I just need to buckle down and focus on this list of things to do, instead of being all willy-nilly all week.  

1) My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.”

a. Write a blog post about it.

b. E-mail a woman who asked me for more information on it.    

2) My WIP, the novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,700 words.

b. Do an hour of research. 

3) Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. 

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”.

c. Research markets to submit to.

4) Other stuff.

a. The sweatshirt throw.

i. Wash the backing and sew it together.  

ii. Cut out more squares for the next one.

                        b. Start posting some of our stuff for sale on Facebook Marketplace.

Hope you are doing well and rocking your goals. Stay safe and stay healthy.  Chris 
(Oh, and I still am struggling with the stupid changes made to blogger. Just thought I'd mention that again.)





 


1 comment:

  1. I think you could use a break, Chris. And I hope you get one sooner than later!
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete