Sunday, November 22, 2020

Finally in a good place

 Finally, I feel like I had a good week. And I’m not talking about my goals here, though they look pretty good. I mean that I feel like I was in a good place most of the week. Yes, three more of the patients I know from the clinic passed away; only one I know of for sure had COVID. Yes, we have another staff member out sick with it. Yes, I worked a couple long days, but I also had two shorter days. Home by 5:30 one night!!! Oh, and two co-workers turned in their notices. 

I don’t know. In spite of all of that, I somehow felt this week like I was coming out from under the fog. Of course, then I woke up at 3:30 this morning with tremendous pain in my right shoulder and upper back. It had been coming on for a few days, but his morning it was completely out of whack. But I was able to stretch it out with some yoga. And I took a nap this afternoon – always a good thing.  

Here’s how this week’s goals turned out. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

           A.    Writing

1. My novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,700 words. Wrote 2,013 words and 1 ½ chapters. Getting closer to the goal.

b. Do an hour of research. Yes, definitely.

            2. Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. Yes.  

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”. Yes.

B. Reaching

      1. I’m going to do a Christmas promo this year for all my books.

a. Write a blog post about it. Yes. Have had quite a few responses, and two sales so far.

                  b. Send out an email on it to my prescribers. Nope.

C. Reading

1.  Read blog posts by four other people. Yes.  

            2. Read a book in the Bible. Yes, I read two, actually, 2 Peter and 1 John.

            3. Start a new novel. I started reading “And Then There Were None”, by Agatha Christie, as I want to get in another classic before the end of the year, but it didn’t take me long to realize that I’d never be able to focus on it enough to know who done it. Instead I started “Everything We Lose” by Annette Oppenlander. It’s a teen/young adult Civil War novel, so will be a quick read, but hopefully, maybe also help me with my WIP.

D. Remaining

      1. The sweatshirt throw.

a. Wash a dozen more sweatshirts. Yes, I have them all washed, over seventy of them!

b. Cut out more squares. Cut out twelve squares.

c. Extra – I also bought four more pieces of fabric for backing them. I ordered them on-line and picked them up curbside. So much better than standing around the store waiting for a clerk to cut them for me.

           2. Post two more items for sale on Facebook Marketplace. Only posted one item.

           3. Family tree, work on it one evening. Yes. I can’t believe my husband has ancestors who lived in the Colonies in the 1600s, that his seventh great-grandfather sailed here from England in 1670 at the age of ten! I’m completely flabbergasted.

And here we are for the upcoming week. With an extra day for Thanksgiving, which isn’t going to entail the usual stressful housecleaning and cooking for over a dozen. Hubby and I are planning a day of movie-watching in between our turkey feasting.

A. Writing

1. My novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,700 words.

b. Do an hour of research.

            2. Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. 

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”.

B. Reaching

            1. I’m going to do a Christmas promo this year for all my books.

                        a. Send out an email on it to my prescribers.

C. Reading

1.  Read blog posts by four other people.

2. Read two books in the Bible, 2nd and 3rd John.  

3. Read half of “Everything to Lose”.  

D. Remaining

            1. The sweatshirt throw.

                        a. Cut out more squares.

b. Start putting the next one together.

2. Post two more items for sale on Facebook Marketplace.

3. Family tree, work on it one evening. And only one evening, as it is so easy to get sucked in to it.

Hope you and your family have a good Thanksgiving. Though it will be different for most of us, be safe and stay healthy.  Chris

Speaking of the Family Tree, Hubby on the right with his dad and two brothers. 

So nice to pick up this fleece curbside. Except they were all supposed to be the same size and this is what I got. It was all on sale, though, and the convenience of the whole thing made up for this glitch. 

Piles of Mom-in-law's sweatshirts. This would be just over half of them. Yikes!

Adorable set of Precious Moments dishes for sale, if anyone is interested. 


1 comment: