Sunday, February 6, 2022

February Update

 When I posted here the first Sunday in January, my goal was to at least write an update once a month. Yet, here I am – the first Sunday in February almost behind me, and I just remembered to get after it. 

A month ago, I didn’t come up with any short-term writing goals, or goals of any sort, really. Since I am still working full-time until March 4, I am not going to burden myself with anything more than I am already doing – working ten to eleven hour days four days a week, spending one day just recovering, one cleaning house, and the third day trying not to dread going back to work the next day. It has been a heinous couple of months. 

I hate to complain. So many working people have it worse than I do. I only work in a medical clinic. I cannot imagine those working in hospitals, pulling twelve-hour shifts with patients’ lives literally in their hands, all while donning and doffing their PPE. And we are all short-handed, which burdens me with guilt when I think about retiring. At times, my resolve still wavers, but I need to stick with my commitment. After thirty-four years, I need to call it quits. 

The good news is the current round of this pandemic might be starting to wane, while the bad news is that we are all anticipating another serge again in a few months. We'll see where I’m at by then. 

So here’s my work schedule for the next four months. I’ll be working my four tens a week until March 3. Then for April, May, and June, I’ll be working two tens and one four per week. That’s when I will start on some goals in earnest. For this month, I’ll try to get those goals down on paper and hopefully develop a productive schedule. 

And that’s it for now. Wishing you a great month. Pretend every day is Valentine’s Day, and if you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with. And if that doesn’t work, eat lots of chocolate! 





No comments:

Post a Comment