Sunday, March 6, 2022

First Sunday in March Check-In

 I’m one week into working parttime at the clinic. Didn’t really feel much different, having one extra day off and still working thirty hours. I think I’ll be playing it by ear, working whichever three days a week they need me, not sure of my schedule until the Thursday before, but at least always working every Thursday through May.

But enough about the day job. I’ve come up with a list of things to accomplish each month through the end of summer. Hopefully by then, the pandemic will have waned enough that I can start planning trips further than within the four-state area I have contained myself the last two years. Also, I’ll know by then just what my budget will allow, as well as where the stupid war Russia is waging stands.  

Here’s what I want to finish by the end of March.

1.     Read through “Rewrite the Now”, my previous Work In Progress, which I started in August of 2020 and haven’t looked at in over a year.

2.     Write two chapters in “RTN”.

3.     Read a spy novel, for fun as well as for research on “RTN”.

4.     Clean the closet in my office.

5.     Clean the guest linen closet.

6.     Clean the spare room in the basement, which has become the “cat room”, so it has gotten a little icky.

7.     Paint the guest bathroom ceiling and walls. When we had the remodeling done in December, we knew we would need to paint and haven’t had the time until now.   

8.     Go to Hubby’s brother’s in Iowa for a visit.

9.     Go to these appointments:

a.      Eye doctor this coming Monday. I’ve been having headaches in my eyes and not sure if it’s from stress or my glasses, so I need to check that out. Just so it’s not a tumor.

b.     Getting our taxes done next Friday. Always scary as I can never tell if we will get a refund or have to pay.

That’s all I’ve written down to do so far. This shortened workweek on the day job will take some getting used to. I waste a lot of time surfing the internet and doing other lazy, useless things, but I tell myself that after 34 years, I deserve to chill out a bit.

To whoever is reading this, I hope you are doing well. I hope life in general is treating you well. I pray the war in Ukraine comes to a swift and amicable end, along with COVID19. I pray that you find peace and resolution to any personal struggles you are having.

God bless, Chris 



1 comment:

  1. You do deserve a break and some time to chill Chris! Take care. ;)

    ReplyDelete