Friday, June 9, 2023

Releasing my new babies

I didn’t realize how much the coronavirus messed with my head, until I reread the journal I kept during the three years I worked at the clinic during the pandemic.

 Monday morning, a sign was posted outside the medical facility where I work, stating, “Heroes work here.” I think everyone can be a hero. It's not always the big things; the little things are just as important. God be praised; this pandemic hasn't hit my community directly. Yet. But that doesn't mean that people aren't scared, and about all I've been doing is talking to my patients over the phone as much as I can, not even about this virus, but about everything else in their lives. Nope, I'm not a hero any more than anyone else.

Nope, I sure was not a hero. Instead, most of the time, it was all I could do to keep from losing my mind.

Last night, I approved the proof of that story, “Chronicles of Chris Coping with the COVID-19 Crisis.” It’s available now as an e-book and in paperback. I ordered copies for myself to sell, so I’ll have those in a couple weeks if you want to buy a signed copy from me.

On the other end of the spectrum, there were the wise words of my sister Pat. 

Sometimes you just have to go for it and sometimes you have to wait and it sure is hard trying to decide which it is. But no matter what you do, you have to tell yourself that it’s the best decision you could make at the time. And then you go on.

She didn’t make it to the Covid-19 pandemic, but the words she wrote some thirty to forty years ago still stun me.

Yesterday, I received the proof of her book, “Holding All the Aces”. Hopefully, I’ll be able to read through that in the next day or two and then it will be available to buy as a paperback as well; the e-book is available on Amazon now.

I will have a booth at the craft show at Sara Park in Tomahawk on July 3 for any of you who will be in the area. I’ll have all my previous books for sale there, and hopefully, will have received copies of these latest two by then as well.

Have a good weekend and see ya soon. Chris  

You can order them on Amazon by clicking these links: 

"Chronicles of Chris Coping with the COVID-19 Crisis” 

"Holding All the Aces"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment