Sunday, February 2, 2020

better than I first thought


     I honestly don’t know where last week went. Went shopping with Hubby on Friday and then to visit his mom yesterday. Cleaned the house today. But seeing as I didn’t have anything going on any evening, it still seems like there should have been time in between to get more accomplished. Oh, well.

So, here are those goals from this past week. You may or may not remember that green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

WRITING     
1)        Finish writing the story “Where the Dogs Bark.”   Finished, wrote 646 more words, for a total word count of 7,318.
2)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.” Done.
3)        Post here once.  Done.

REACHING
1)              Research self-publishing my novella “Finding Justice” on Amazon. Not.
2)              Design a cover for “Finding Justice.” (I think I may change the title too.) It wasn’t a lot of work, but I did pick out some pictures from Lake Michigan that might work.
3)        Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”. Not.
4)        Contact one place where I might give a presentation and hold a book signing. Not.

READING
1)        Finish reading the novel I am currently reading, “The Carpenter: A Retelling of the Story of Joseph of Nazareth.” Finished Saturday night. It was kind of “out there”, I don’t think I’d recommend to anyone.
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them.  Read five blogs and commented on five.

REMAINING
1)        Scan and empty another photo album of old pictures. Hmm? Nope, I don’t think I worked on this at all.   
2)        Clean the desk and file cabinet in my office. Nope, I know I didn’t work on this at all. 
 I know you don't know anything about my novella, but much of it takes place along Lake Michigan. The picture above is actually on Lake Superior, but ...
 these two are on Lake Michigan. I think looking at them now, I'd go with #3. 

So what do I have on my plate for next week? I work the day job Friday morning (and of course, Monday through Thursday). Then I have a seminar for work all day Saturday. On my way home from that, I plan on stopping at my daughter’s for the night and hopefully help her with some stuff around her house on Sunday. I also have a church meeting Tuesday night. With all of that on my schedule, I don’t see getting a lot done.

Oh, one last thing, I started coming down with a cold this morning also. Can you say “Argh!!!”?

Let’s give this list of goals a whirl.

 WRITING    
1)        Start editing “Finding Justice”, if I’m going to self-publish it on Amazon, any time soon.    
2)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.”
3)        Post here once. 

REACHING
1)        Research publishing my novella “Finding Justice” on Amazon.
2)        Design a cover for “Finding Justice.” Maybe change the title. 
3)        Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”.
4)        Contact one place where I might give a presentation and hold a book signing.

READING
1)              Read 20% of the novel I just started, “In This House of Brede”. It is ridiculously long so it is going to take a while for me to finish it. I have a year-long goal of reading four books considered classics, so I need to start somewhere.
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. 

REMAINING
1)              Attend that work seminar on Saturday.

And that’s it for now. Wish me luck on fighting off this cold. How about you? Staying healthy this winter? Or not so much? Does being sick completely throw you off your game or are you able to power through?

1 comment:

  1. I got the same feeling about last week so maybe it's just something in the air? ;)

    ReplyDelete