Sunday, February 16, 2020

not sure what happened this week . . .


I’m not really sure what I did this past week. But for sure, I didn’t work on anything that was on this list.

Here are my goals from this past week. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

1)              Read through “Finding Justice” one more time.  Did not look at it.
2)              Read through my novel-in-progress, “Ice Cream Spies”, in anticipation of getting back to writing on it. Did not look at this either.     
3)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.” Only posted twice. I know – what a failure!
4)        Post here once. Yes, finally!   
5)        BONUS. Yes, I actually did do something this week. I wrote and submitted a poem to Wilda Morris’s Poetry Challenge.

REACHING
1)        Research self-publishing “Finding Justice” on Amazon. Nope.
2)        Design a cover for “Finding Justice.” Nope.
3)        Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”. Nope.
I love talking about my time in Kenya. 
4)        Work on presentation for my niece’s class. Yes, finally! Even though I’m not done with it, this goal clearly only stated “work on it”.
5)        BONUS. I know, right? Am I grasping now? So, I messaged a cousin of mine asking her if she wanted to read my novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”. Long story why she came to mind, but she got right back to me and said, “Yes”!

READING
1)        Read 60% of the novel I’m reading, “In This House of Brede”. Only got up to 50%. The plot is good, but, man, it is slow going.
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them.  Read five blogs and commented on three. Apparently, I can only achieve the last goal in each category. But no reading bonuses.

REMAINING
1)              Scan and dispose of pictures from yet another old photo album. No, just four pictures and they were for a post to my other blog.
Just some of what came out of that room. 
2)              Clean the file cabinet and desk drawers in my office. Nope.
3)              Wash the walls in the spare bedroom. Clean the closet, nightstand and other spaces in the spare bedroom. Done. It dawned on me that I should clean the other stuff in that room before tackling the walls, so I still count this as completed.

Obviously, I need to cut back a bit this week. In addition to that presentation on Friday, I have to go into work for a couple hours after it. Then Hubby and I are talking about running to our son’s for the weekend. Hubby does get his stitches out on Wednesday and hopefully the doctor clears him to start using that arm a bit more.  

WRITING     
1)        Read through “Finding Justice” one more time. 
2)        Read through my novel-in-progress, “Ice Cream Spies”, in anticipation of getting back to writing on it.   
3)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.”
4)        Post here once. 

REACHING
1)        Research self-publishing “Finding Justice” on Amazon.
2)        Design a cover for “Finding Justice.”
3)        Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”.
4)        Finish the presentation for my niece’s class and give it on Friday.

READING
1)        Read 65% of the novel I’ve been reading, “In This House of Brede”.
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. 

REMAINING
1)              Scan and dispose of pictures from yet another old photo album.

Wish me luck with that! And best of luck to you in the coming week.

1 comment:

  1. Well, sometimes life just happens. And you did work on your goals a little, so good!

    ReplyDelete