Sunday, May 10, 2020

a busy week and a good-looking yard


Happy Mother’s Day to all you mums out there. Hoping all your kids figured out a way to virtually wish you a happy day.

Here’s what I had hoped to do this week and how it came out. I’m back to highlighting in green for each item accomplished, yellow for those at least attempted, and red lettering for an item which did not happen.

            1) Blog three times on my other blog, The Dino Chronicles. Done. 
2) Blog here once. Done.
3) Write in my Coronavirus Chronicles five days. Yup, five days, 939 words.   
4) Take a ride with my sister. The weather here was pretty chilly on Friday and Saturday, so my sister didn’t want to leave her house. I still drove down to see her and we just visited for a few hours. Made plans for a weekend getaway we have scheduled in June; hoping that it still happens.
5) Patch my son’s flannel shirt. Done and mailed it to him.
6) Spend an hour working on my family tree. Oh, my gosh. An hour!?!? More like four hours Monday afternoon and another four hours this morning.
7) Do a little yard work every day. I worked in the yard a couple hours three days. We had a couple trees taken down in the yard, so that was a big mess to clean up. Plus, I’m still working on redoing the vegetable garden.   
8) Wash two kitchen cupboards. Yup.
9) Send thinking-of-you cards to three people. Mailed cards to five people.
           
I guess I did pretty good on my new and not-really-so-improved list. Tomorrow we go back to our regular work hours at the clinic, so I might be back to ten-hour days. We’ll see how it goes, but this is what I’m going to try for in the next week.

            1) Blog three times on my other blog, The Dino Chronicles.           
2) Blog here once.
3) Write in my Coronavirus Chronicles five days.        
4) Spend an hour (and only one hour!) working on my family tree. 
5) Do a little yard work every day it’s not raining or freezing out. Come on, it’s May for Pete’s sake! I need to really get on the garden. Around here, the old-timers never plant their gardens until Memorial Day weekend, but that is coming up really fast.  
6) Wash two more kitchen cupboards.
7) Send thinking-of-you cards to three people.
8) Drive out to my mom’s land to check on it.
9) #8 reminded me. I gotta run to the cemetery where my other sister is buried and put flowers on her grave. My brother takes care of the rest of the family buried here in town, but our sister is ten miles south (too far for my brother to drive).
10) And the writing thing. I want to publish my next novel, “The Truth Beyond the River” by the first of June. I need to contact the two people I sent it to for their thoughts and also the woman who was going to do the cover.  

How are you doing? Are things starting to return to normal for you? Or at least the new normal?
 One tree down in a storm last year and one damaged. Both are now gone!


2 comments: