Sunday, May 17, 2020

STRESS

Oh, goodness, it was another stressful week, so very stressful, so very, very, no-wonder-I-have-chest-pain stressful week. Yeah, I got shortness of breath, but it’s just my heart, people, it’s not corona.

But seriously, I am just going to get through the next four days at work, and then I have four days off, work three days, three days off, work three days, then another four days off. That’s kind of how my summers usually go. Well, or life, just looking forward to those days off.

I need to stop before you start to worry about me. Here’s what I had hoped to do this week and what very little actually got done. Highlight in green for each item accomplished, yellow for those at least attempted, and red lettering for an item which did not happen.

1) Blog three times on my other blog, The Dino Chronicles. Only blogged twice. What in the world happened to me?    
2) Blog here once. Yes.
3) Write in my Coronavirus Chronicles five days. I chronicled here six times for 3,580 words. Yikes! I need to come up with this kind of plot for my next novel!   
4) Spend an hour (and only one hour!) working on my family tree. Yes, only I somehow ended up down the rabbit trail of my ex-husband’s family. Long story.   
5) Do a little yard work every day. Pretty much. I forget. All I know is it seems like I spent every minute doing something in the yard. It’s a never-ending task.
6) Wash two more kitchen cupboards. Nope, I don’t know what I was thinking with doing any extra work inside the house when there is so much to do outside!
7) Send thinking-of-you cards to three people. Yes, sent them to three people.
8) Drive out to my mom’s land to check on it. Nope, I totally forgot this was even on the list.
9) Run to the cemetery where my sister is buried and put flowers on her grave. Nope, I totally forgot this one too.
10) Contact the two people I sent my novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”, to for their thoughts and also the woman who was going to do the cover. I messaged them just before I started writing this. Yikes. Just under the wire.  
           
Oh, goodness. What can I possibly get done in the upcoming week?

            1) Blog three times on my other blog, The Dino Chronicles.           
2) Blog here once.
3) Write in my Coronavirus Chronicles five days.        
4) Spend an hour (and only one hour!) working on my family tree. 
5) Finish the spring yard work. Let’s spell this out:
a) clean up the last of the tree stumps.
b) finish putting up the raised garden beds.
c) plant the garden.  
d) put up the pop-up camper and clean it for camping.
6) Send thinking-of-you cards to three people.
7) Drive out to my mom’s land to check on it.
8) Put flowers on my sister’s grave.  
9) So, my novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”. It is set just after the fourth of July in 1974, so it dawned on me that I should release it around the first of July. So, that’s my new goal. I’m going to stick to it.
a) skim through it one more time. I don’t have time to read it again and it has been edited enough already, more just want to look at how it looks.
b) work on the cover, in case my friend who was to have started it around the first of the year doesn’t yet come through for me.
c) finalize the thank you section.
d) work on the whole formatting thing.
e) think about what else I need to work on for its release.

Hope that you are doing better than I am. I know I’ll snap out of this; I’ve lived through stress before. I still have more good things going for me than I do bad.

Take care of yourselves and have a good week. 
My son sent me this picture for mother's day. I only like posting pictures that I shot myself, but sometimes, a girl just has to steal one off the internet, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to read you've been feeling so stressed, Chris. I think you did pretty well with you goals all things considered. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this week is better! For all the stress, you did great to get as much green as you did.

    ReplyDelete