Sunday, May 3, 2020

Starting with baby steps

I’m still taking baby steps in anticipation of taking the plunge back into full-on goals.

Here is what I did do this past week, in no particular order:

1)    Blogged three times on my other blog, The Dino Chronicles.
2)    Blogged here once.
3)    Added 1,024 words to my Coronavirus Chronicle.
4)    Took a ride with Hubby on Friday.
5)    Sewed Hubby a new face mask.
6)    Finished sewing new elastic on the N95 masks from work.
7)    Did yard work almost every day. Bleah!
8)    Washed four of my kitchen cupboards.

I think that sounds like I did a few things besides about 32 hours at my day job at the clinic.

What about the upcoming week? Right now I’m scheduled to work Tuesday through Thursday. I can take all day Monday off, but I’m going to go in for a few hours because otherwise the paperwork becomes overwhelming. In addition to that, here’s what I hope to do:

            1) Blog three times on my other blog, The Dino Chronicles.           
2) Blog here once.
3) Write in my Coronavirus Chronicle five days.        
4) Take a ride with my sister. We haven’t seen each other since February, and yes, considering her age and her medical condition, and the fact that I work in health care, I should keep my distance, but sometimes you got to pick your battles. It’s been just a year since her husband was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, and she’s pretty lonely.
5) Patch my son’s flannel shirt.
6) Spend an hour working on my family tree.  
7) Do a little yard work every day it’s not raining (and there’s no rain in the forecast, so I’m not sure why I had to put that in). We are downsizing our vegetable garden and it’s a lot more work than I anticipated, especially since Hubby still has that broken arm.
8) Wash two more kitchen cupboards.
9) Send thinking-of-you cards to three people. We stay in contact with people so much via the internet, and even though that’s great, I think that people still like getting a card in the mail with a picture of a pretty flower or a hummingbird, along with an uplifting saying.
           
I was thinking this stream-lined list of goals would be less daunting than my old one, but this does seem like quite the list.

Best wishes to everyone

2 comments:

  1. Great job getting so much done! And good luck with the busy week you have planned. Hope you have a wonderful visit with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot done last week, and I hope the momentum continues this week with that new list of goals!

    ReplyDelete