Sunday, July 19, 2020

Seeing A LOT of Green


It was another busy, stressful week, but as you will see below, productive.

Here is the list of goals I had planned to work on last week. To make things easy, I color-code my accomplishments: Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

1)    My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”.
a.     When the proof arrives, Tuesday, go through it quickly, page-by-page, making sure I didn’t miss any more mistakes. Done.
b.     Resubmit the newly edited version. Done.
c.      Read that newest version through on-line and hopefully find no mistakes, so that I can do letter d. Done.
d.     Release the paper version!!! Done!!!!!
e.     Order my copies of it. Done.
f.       Marketing. Finally, on to marketing.
                                                              i.     Continue blogging about it. Done.  
                                                            ii.     Send out another Mail Chimp email, announcing the paper version is ready. Done.
                                                          iii.     Put the book in the side bar of my blogs. Done.   
2)    Other Writing.
a.     Pull out my next novel to write, the one where the government recruits common people to be spies. Now that “Truth Beyond River” is done, it’s time to write the next one. Not done. Come on, like really? I was going to do everything on this list!?
b.     Continue researching places to send my short stories. Yes, did some.
c.      Submit those pictures of the loons to Birds and Blooms magazine. Done.  
3)    Other Stuff
a.     Work on organizing the new garden shed. Nope.
b.     Start cleaning the spare room in the basement, in anticipation of the additions to the family – two baby kittens! Nope. Too nice out all week to spend time in the dank basement. I keep walking in there, and come out, saying, nope.

I think – no, I know – that this week I am going to take it easy. Yes, there are still things to be done, but with the major weight of publishing the novel off of my shoulders, it’s time to take a bit of a break.

      1)    My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River” – Marketing, as that is all that’s left.
a.     Continue blogging about it.
b.     Post it (again) on my other social media.
c.      Umm? Continue thinking of other things to do?
      2)    Other writing.
a.     Get after that next novel, the one about the spies.
                                                    i.     Re-read up to where I left off.
                                                  ii.     Figure out what organizing I need to do on it, plotting and such.
                                                iii.     Write two chapters (not like I’m overextending myself there).
      3)    Other stuff
a.     I really need to get after that nasty room in the basement. Wish me luck with that!

How is everything going for you? With the pandemic going on, have you taken any vacations or have they all been stay-cations? I’m starting to dream about trips to be taken next year and beyond. How about you?

Since I was seeing so much green, I thought I'd include some of my loon pictures. They are so green because of the nearby trees reflecting off the water. And no, I didn't submit either of these; they are not even close to how remarkable some of the other ones are. 


2 comments:

  1. That was one productive week! Congratulations on launching your book on KDP! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting your novel out there!

    ReplyDelete