Sunday, July 26, 2020

So much for vacation


This past week was our camping trip to Michigan’s UP, which I had been looking forward to for months, so afraid it would be canceled as so many activities have been. But, nope, we headed off Monday morning, towing our little popup trailer.

I wish I could say it was a fantastic time, but this is the year 2020 after all. One thing I had hoped to do was take pictures of my latest book at all the places we visited. Did not happen, due to the wet, icky weather and then there was that whole kidney stone the last day, but I’m not going to go there with you. (You can read about it on my other blog here.)
 
Naturally, we didn’t have internet at the state park, so it limited some of my goals. Here is the list of goals I had planned to work on last week and what I did get done. To make things easy, I color-code my accomplishments: Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

      1)    My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River” – Marketing, as that is all that’s left.
a.     Continue blogging about it. I was going to write a blog ahead of time and set it up to post while we were camping, but I just never got around to it.
b.     Post it (again) on my other social media. Done.
c.      Umm? Continue thinking of other things to do?  I set up an Amazon ad. We’ll see how much that is going to cost me and if it’s worth it.
      2)    Other writing.
a.     Get after that next novel, the one about the spies.
                                                    i.     Re-read up to where I left off. Done.
                                                  ii.     Figure out what organizing I need to do on it, plotting, and such. Done, I think.  
                                                iii.     Write two chapters. Wrote one and a half, or 1,975 words.   
      3)    Other stuff
a.     I really need to get after that nasty room in the basement. Done, at least good enough for now.  

It’s back to work tomorrow for me, back to the job which pays the bills. In another two weeks, though, I have another week’s vacation. We’ve decided it will be a stay-cation as there are so many projects around the house that we need to do.  

In the meantime, though, here’s what I want to do this week.

      1)    My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”.
a.     Blog about it on Wednesday.
b.     Post my blogs about it on Pinterest (I always forget about Pinterest. Do people still look at it?)
c.      Private message my social media contacts.
d.     Remind people to write reviews of it.
      2)    Other writing.
a.     Blog a post about our camping trip.  
b.     Write two chapters on my spy novel.
c.      Research places to submit my short stories or poetry.
      3)    Other stuff.
a.     Continue working on that room in the basement. It is at least presentable now, but the cupboard and shelves where I stuck junk? Not so much.
b.     Harvest veggies from the garden. It’s that time of year; I’ll be out there at least every other day, picking beans or tomatoes.
c.      Spend a day next weekend helping my daughter clean her garage. That is another whole story.

Hard to believe it’s almost August! Summer is almost over! Have you been able to take any vacations this summer? How did they turn out for you? How is the new “normal” affecting you?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your holiday was not as good as you hoped it would be.

    I'll have a staycation in the second half of August and we're planning a getaway weekend at the end of September.

    I did have a one-week break in July but it turned sour, so I'm moving on.

    I hope work is OK for you! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No vacations here, but then we didn't plan on any. Too much going on with the house. Glad you got to go on your trip, though ugh about the kidney stones! You also did great on your goals, for being away! Good luck this week, and hope it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete