Sunday, January 12, 2014

Short, sweet and to the point

I. READING –
A. Weekly goal
1. Read five other blog posts a week.  Yes.       
2. Read ten hours a week in one of the books I am reading.  Definitely. When I am reading nonfiction, no matter how good it is, I can put the book down and leave it for days. Right now I am reading “Miracle at Tenwek”, a true story about a missionary doctor in Kenya. The book is ok, but for some reason I just can’t put it down. I also skimmed the entire book “A Lion Named Christian” in two hours, just so I could help my Kinship kid with her project on the book.     
B. Goals for the Round                           
1. Have finished reading five books. I’m not going to count the book about the Lion because I just skimmed it, but I think I will have something finished by next week.

II. WRITING
A. Weekly goal
1. Work on something five times a week.     
a. Work on “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”, the second book in the Bible Stories in 40 Days series. No, but I really thought about it a lot. I know, doesn’t count.
b. Write on my novel. No.
c. Write my blog posts. Yes.
B. Goals for the Round.  
1. Have finished the first draft of “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”. No.
2. Have written half of my novel.  No.

III. REACHING
A.      Weekly goal.
1. Have promoted either one of my books on one other site or in person. No.
2. Comment on two other blog posts.  Yes.
3. Research markets for an hour.  Yes.
4. Keep up on social media, responding to all messages.  Yes.
5. Have contacted one organization about a speaking engagement.  Yes, last October I had emailed a radio program about doing an interview. I never heard back from them. When I couldn’t sleep Thursday night, at about one am, I sent them another email. I barely even remember doing it! But they emailed me back already Friday morning and set up a radio interview for February 18. Maybe I should do more work in the dead of the night. Oh, and I also have a writer friend who is speaking at a book festival in April. She got me the information about the festival, so I am going to send in my speaking proposal next week.
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have submitted three pieces somewhere.  No.
2. Have booked three speaking engagements or book signings. One so far, see above.

IV. PERSONAL
A. Exercise - Continue exercising four times a week, including running on the treadmill.  Yes.
B. Nonprofit - Continue working on Tumaini Volunteers, Inc., applying for tax exempt status by the end of the Round.  My daughter and I worked on the tax exempt application for a few hours on Thursday. We also set up an Etsy shop to sell the stuff we brought back from Kenya.
C. Sewing - Finish two projects this Round.  Not yet.


As far as my list of 100 things to do this year, which is actually only at 38 right now, I updated my list of Snoopy collectibles I own. 
Just a few of the Snoopys and other Peanuts paraphernalia. The final total states at 112 items. 

2 comments:

  1. Chris, I love that Snoopy collection! I was a big fan of Snoopy as a kid, and I think somewhere I still have some of those plastic Snoopy figurines that my mom and brothers used to get for me. Now I have the urge to dig them out. :)

    Good luck with your ROW80 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just told my son about your picture with all the Snoopys, and he immediately ran to get his Snoopy and Woodstock Beanies. Then he asked if you dance with them and that they'd (him and his beanies) love to dance.

    A short list of yes and no here. Don't worry, Chris. It's real early in the round, really early in the year. You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete