Two quick clarifications first.
1) I don’t celebrate Halloween, just in case anyone out there is wondering.
2) I think I am going to cut out the mid-week post. I may have mentioned before that I was leaning that way, but want to say it again. Unless I have some big news that can’t wait, you’ll only be seeing me here on Sundays.
So, how have I fared in the last week? (Green highlight is a goal that is on track, yellow highlight was at least worked on, red letters is a total fail.)
1) Finish writing my current novel, “The Big House”. I wrote 3,107 words last week, for a total of 17,334 so far since starting this August 21, which is 23% finished. I had the lofty goal of finishing the rough draft by the end of the year, but since that means I would have to average close to 1,000 words per day – well, hold it. Actually 1,000 words isn’t bad. I only wrote three times in the past week and that came out to be just over 1,000 words at a crack. But, no, am I crazy? I just don’t have the time to write every single day. But okay, I will leave the lofty goal hanging out there and see what happens
2) Work on readying “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” for publication. On Monday, I received the Pre-Publication form from my publisher’s creative director. That’s the questionnaire asking for all my thoughts on what I think should go on the back cover, my brief bio, my elevator speech, and other stuff like that. I worked on that three nights and emailed it back to them on Friday morning. So I am on track there.
3) Do some editing on my two memoirs, “Pat’s Story” and “Two More Trips To Africa”. I read through three or four chapters on the “Two More Trips, so that is on track.
4) Continue posting to my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles” three times a week. On track, three posts this week.
5) Finalize the next trip to Kenya for my daughter’s nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers. Well, I at least talked to my daughter about it. She also got the coupon books to sell for a fundraiser. We stopped at a venue to sign up for their craft fair next month, but only got the number for the contact person. Um, I think that’s it. Can’t say it’s a win, but not a fail either, right?
6) Get my body in shape. I think my goal was to exercise four mornings a week and lift weights, run or do aerobics three evenings a week, as well as lose some weight. I actually met all those requirements, even though the weight loss was only a pound this week, but hey, it counts, right?
A freaking bunch of green, don’t you think? So I think I will try to get the same things done for the coming week. I also need to get better about supporting my other ROW80 bloggers and it's really time I updated my website. We'll see how that goes.
How about you? Are you maintaining your goals or cutting back? Or doing so well you are adding goals?