Here it is, two weeks into the new year, and I’m still figuring out what I want to get done this year. Last week I posted my 2018 goals for the year and how they came out. Thanks for all the comments. From what you all had to say, I am dropping some goals completely. Still keep them in my head, but not on paper.
So, here’s what I am going to start with:
1) Finish the proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”.
2) Edit “Finding Justice”.
3) Finish typing “No Body Found”.
4) Start the next novella to go with that series. I had ideas for four novellas to put together - the two above, one with the working title of “Ghost House” and one more that I can’t remember.
5) Finish writing “Old New Spies”. This is a lofty goal indeed. But I will give it a shot.
6) Continue posting three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.”
7) Continue posting here once a week.
1) Find an agent.
2) Publish “The Truth Beyond the River”. If I haven’t found an agent or a publisher for it by June 1, I will self-publish.
3) Submit fourteen pieces.
4) Redo my website.
1) Read fourteen books, two from the “classics” list.
2) Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them.
1) Return to Kenya in the fall.
2) Empty the box of old pictures in my office.
3) Finish my family tree. This has already consumed a lot of my time this year.
4) Clean out all of the closets in my house. Last year’s ridiculous goals was to get the whole house as clean as possible. I don’t know how that could happen, so I’m trying to be more realistic. And by cleaning, I mean – empty all the junk out of those puppies.
5) Keep my weight at 140. Last year I was going to get in the best shape of my life. Didn’t know how that would look, so am being more specific.
That’s it for now. Next Sunday, I’ll get after the week-by-week goals. Wishing you the best in betting your goals together.