Sunday, January 20, 2019

Goals through the end of March

Last week I posted what my lofty goals are for the entire year. I have yet to work on much of anything, but I think that if I got my act together and wrote down my goals for the next three months (or three weeks, or even three days!), I might get something done.

So, let’s see, how about my goals for the next three months (because even though I hang with the ROW80 people, I never can keep track of those 80 days), or actually until the end of March, because here we are over half-way through January!

WRITING
1)    Finish the edits on “The Truth Beyond the River”. I really should get this done by the end of this week. I am such a putz!
2)    Finish the proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”.
3)    Write nine chapters in “Old New Spies”.
4)    Continue posting three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.”
5)    Continue posting here once a week.  
REACHING
1)    Submit the query/proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River.”
2)    Submit four pieces somewhere.
3)    Redo my website.
READING
1)    Finish reading “The Secret Garden”.
2)    Finish reading “All the Places to Go”.
3)   Read three more books. 
4)    Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them.
REMAINING
1)    Empty half the box of old pictures in my office.
2)    Finish my family tree.
3)    Clean three closets in my house.
4)    Finish the 30-Day Yoga Challenge that I started three days ago.
5)    Tumaini Volunteers Nonprofit
a.     Get the tax-deduction letters out to our donors by the end of January.
b.     Hold a meeting after the team returns. They leave today; I’m so excited for them.

That’s it for now. Have a happy week. 

4 comments:

  1. I hope you meet all your goals this week, and for round one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a solid set of goals here, Chris. Though... don't call yourself a putz. Just do it. The blame and critical self-talk just adds a layer of challenge to getting things done (and makes it emotionally harder to start the project in question because you already feel bad about it...)

    Just do it. Set a timer for just 5 minutes of edits to start. If you really hate doing it after five minutes, stop and take a break. You've only forced yourself to do five minutes. But if you find it was "okay" try to add on another 10... and keep adding on more time until you really just can't slog anymore. Either way, you've have accomplished something toward your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of goals :) Wishing you luck with them all.

    ReplyDelete