It was a week filled with ups and downs, but nothing horrendous in my personal life in either direction. Just hanging in there, I guess.
Here’s my list of goals for April, May, and June. Green highlight is goal accomplished (for the week at least), yellow highlight is goal at least worked on, red lettering is goal not even attempted. A Smiley face marks a goal completely done for the Round. If I didn’t give it any color, it’s because I couldn’t really work on that goal for whatever reason, and I just didn’t want to drag in another color.
J1. Finish a final edit of my novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.” Done, on April 5.
2. Continue tweaking my book proposal / query, as needed for each literary agent I intend to contact next. Tweaked that query and first chapter and emailed it to the third agent on my list.
3. Write eight chapters on my next novel, which I am giving the working title of “New Old Spies.” I wrote about 960 words, not much, but a start.
4. Write a piece to submit to the Guidepost Magazine Writers Contest (deadline June 10). Yeah! I started it.
5. Write three posts per week for my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”. Done.
1. Continue sending that proposal / query to each next agent on my list. As mentioned above, I emailed another query to another agent (hardly seems fair that I give myself two goals accomplished in green, when it is really only one. I guess that’s why I make the rules on this blog). (Current agent tally - submitted to 3, rejected by 2.)
2. Submit the polished piece to Guidepost’s Contest. Got 1900 words on it, but it needs major editing.
J3. Submit a poem I wrote a while back to the next issue of Voices on the Wind Poetry Journal (deadline April 20). Submitted, accepted and published!
3. Promote myself or a piece of my writing (whether it be promoting one of my books, submitting a piece somewhere, saying something brilliant about my writing on my social media, etc.) once a week. Nope, really did not do a thing. But one tiny plus, I have another review on Amazon for "Where the Sand Meets the Sky".
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible. Still trying to catch up.
2. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”. Well, my Kindle died around mid-week, and since this book is downloaded there, I haven’t read it in four days. Hubby has offered his Kindle to me and I found a different devotional to read until I decide what to do. So, kind of in the air right now on this one.
3. Finish reading three other books. Read two books while on the trip to Kenya and haven’t started another one.
a. Increase my water intake. Hmm? Not so much. My goal is 60 ounces a day, and I know the last few days I’ve only been averaging 30.
b. Cut way back on my sweets intake. Hmm? Definitely not so much. We had yet another ridiculous week at work. For being a medical clinic, we don’t follow the advice we give our patients.
Jc. Do whatever my specialist says to do that is going to heal my heel. The foot has started hurting the last few days; I think I really need to back off, wear my brace more or exercise it less. Yesterday, I did buy an expensive pair of shoes and an even more expensive pair of orthotics to stick in them. See if that settles the pain down.
2. Home fires
a. Clean out my mom’s papers. Well, started working on that Friday and ran into a snag. It’s a long story, but I seem to have lost one rather important paper.
b. Do a major cleaning of one of my closets. Not yet.
c. Plant my garden. I bought my flowers and plan to stick them in the ground today. Also bought vegetable seeds. Just gotta get that garden tilled.
3. Tumaini Volunteers
a. Write the Policy and Procedure manual. Not started.
Jb. Host two merchandise sales. Had two of them in April. And have another scheduled for next Sunday.
Jc. Return to Kenya this Spring! As you already know! If you follow my other blog or follow me on Facebook, you may be reading more about it.
And that’s all I have for today.
Hope you have a good week and that you get to enjoy a long holiday weekend next weekend.