It was another rough week. No one in my county has come back positive for COVID19, but we in the medical field are pretty sure that we are seeing it. One of our doctors estimates that the test is around 85% accurate. So even though we have tested 80 patients, twelve of those could be positive. Plus, we are recommending that the people who aren’t super-sick stay home and ride it out. There are a lot of people who aren’t getting tested. When this thing is all over, I would love to look at the statistics and say that our little county in the middle of the upper Midwest rocked this thing, we all stayed healthy and our curve stayed flat the whole time. That wouldn’t prove a single thing, because tens of thousands of people still died all over the world.
Here's how my goals came out for the week. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure. Rather another useless week.
1) Continue daily updates on my journal “How Chris is Coping with Corona”. Yup, have written a total of 10,300 words on it.
2) Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.” Yup.
3) Post here once. Yup.
1) Write a blog post about the idea behind “ToFind Justice”. No.
1) Read up to 75% of the cozy mystery, “Never Con a Corgi.” Have read 69%, so close.
2) Read six other blogs and comment on three of them. I don’t know. I lost track, I don’t think it was too many though.
1) Work on my family tree some more. Yes.
2) Finish sewing the initial rows of quilt squares I started last week. No.
I really don’t know what this week will bring. And for those of you reading this as part of Round of Words in 80, it is the beginning of the second round of 2020, and I have nothing projected for the next three months. Just need to take it a day at a time.
There is so much more going on in my personal life which I haven’t shared here. And I probably won’t. We all just need to figure out how to best cope and for this week that means not adding any stress by having goals to address. Maybe, hopefully, in another week or two, I’ll be back in action.
Hope that you are all doing well, coping with whatever stress has been piled on lately, and staying healthy.
|My crocuses haven't even come up yet.|