|A bad sign when the park bench looks like this.|
I am still trying to decide what I want to accomplish this year, where I want my writing path to take me, or if I want it to continue sitting on a park bench as it had been doing most of 2019. Before I dive into weekly goals, here, I need to look at the big picture.
All right. Here it is, my list of goals for the entire year. Of course, this list is open to continuous tweaking.
1) Edit the novella “Finding Justice”.
2) Finish typing the novella “No Body Found”.
3) Finish writing the short story “Where the Dogs Bark.”
4) Finish writing the novel “Ice Cream Spies”, previously called “Old New Spies”.
5) Start the second book in the “Ice Cream Spies” series, once I finish the first one, of course. (As if that is going to happen!)
6) Post three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.”
7) Post here once a week.
|As if any book signings were a success|
1) Self-publish “The Truth Beyond the River”.
2) Submit twelve pieces, somewhere, anywhere.
3) Attend two book signings.
4) Give one presentation.
5) Redo my website.
1) Read twelve current novels, two novels from the “classics” list, two nonfictional (self-help?) books and one devotional.
2) Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them.
1) Travel to Cambodia in the fall. I’m so excited about this! This has been on my bucket list for over 45 years!
2) Empty my box of old pictures.
3) Finish my family tree.
4) Clean out all of the closets in my house.
5) Keep my weight right where it is. It took me most of last year to lose that five pounds to even make the weight I wanted. Now to keep it there.
What do you think? Any of that sound attainable? After my last few years of long lists of failures, I’m going to really work at this in 2020.
Wish me luck!
How about you? Does your list of goals look achievable? Realistic? Overly energetic?