Wednesday, January 31, 2024

A New Batch of Babies Has Arrived

The first shipment of my latest book has arrived. 

It’s always exciting to see that Amazon box on my doorstep and to rip it open, allowing my youngest babies to hatch.

I got the idea for this book several years ago when I was fighting my second kidney stone. That was when I took the picture holding my “kidney stones,” not imagining it would grace the cover of any book. But I was inspired to write about the pain I’d been having, wondering if what pain taught me about life would be helpful to anyone else. 

Fast forward to the pain that started in my lower back the weekend of April 1st last year. The pain that seeped into the fabric of my very being and is still plaguing me today. 

I started putting this book together about that time and began working on edits by fall. The problem was my pain was still shifting, evolving, even some days abating, so that I couldn’t decide when to declare that the book was finished. But what if that never happened?

And it hasn’t. Even though the pain, in general, is much less, I can live normally at least half the days of each week. I continue to adjust to this life – the other half of the week when the pain is manageable, but still leaves me mainly on the couch all day. 

I only pray that I am back to normal before I come up with forty more days’ worth of devotions.

Order your copy online by clicking here or message me to get a signed copy. Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment