It is with some regret that I have decided to forego NaNoWriMo this year, again. With all that is looming on my horizon, there is no way that I can take on another project. I will just have to come up with my own novel writing month after the first of the year, when I actually have a month to myself. Coz, yea, that will happen, said this woman never.
So these are my goals for the next few weeks, as I can only take life a few weeks at a time.
- Blog about my trip to Africa. I have started and have two posted already. I have an outline for the next seven posts, so that takes me to November 8.
- Finish posting pictures from the trip on Facebook and other social media.
- Write a summary of my trip and financial prospectus (is that the word I want?)
- Work on a power point presentation of the trip.
- I have one date for a talk – December 11. I need to try to line up some more, I suppose.
- Decide on this year’s Christmas program for church. Yikes! If we are going to do it, I really need it together within a week or so. It is almost November! And those kids need time to practice. Man, I don’t know if I can pull that off this year.
- And because I have all kinds of spare time:
- Edit my third devotional
- Edit my novel about Kenya now that it is fresh in my mind again
- Start pulling together notes for a potential second memoir
Ok, maybe all of that should take me until the end of the year. This is why people need a vacation after they come home from vacation. Not that the trip to Kenya was a vacation, but if I would have worked harder while I was there, I would have a few less things to do now. Oh, well.
I did this week update my website and had a sale of Kenya goods at my work, so I have been doing a little bit. That above list is just pretty big though.
Enough. Here are a few pictures of why I do what I do. And now you can see why I do it.