You haven’t heard anything lately on the novel I finished writing last year. I wanted it to age like fine wine or cheddar cheese, depending on your vice, before I did another edit on it. I’ve had ideas for four other novels and four people from one of them have popped into my head wanting their intertwined stories told. This week I’d like to interview them while they are still with me. Then I think I should do another edit on the first novel and next start work on the new one.
Last week wasn’t quite as productive as I hoped. Or so it felt. Let’s look at my list of goals before I am too critical.
• Post to this blog twice, post to my other blog three times. Done
• Read six blog posts, commenting on three of them. Done
• Write two entries in “Early Ministry”. Done and then some. Believe it or not, I truly outdid myself this week, writing five days – yes, FIVE – on this devotional, meaning I have 29 days written and 11 left. I guess I just had to wait for divine inspiration. That’s I guess why the book is an inspirational devotional in the first place.
• Edit the two sections of “Hope” that are sitting on my computer. Done
• Run three times, at least one time for three miles. Done. Ran one mile, 1 ½ miles and that dreaded three miles, getting it done in about 40 minutes. I have some work to do on my time yet.
• Promote my writing on social media two times. Um, only once. This would be the yellow blip in my road.
• Promote our nonprofit on social media two times. Done
• Submit a piece somewhere. And done! This wasn’t really a finished piece. I sent what would be considered a press release to the marketing guy for my day job. He got right back to me, asking for more information, so I am hopeful he will actually publish it on the company website this time. He made me the same promise last time I sent him a piece on our trips to Africa. This time I’d like him to do an article on my upcoming return trip to Kenya. I will keep you posted.
Well, holy cow, I guess this is why we should keep track of our goals. I was pretty amazing this week!!!! Sorry, don’t mean to brag. I am only sharing the facts!
Not too many changes for next week:
• Post to this blog twice, post to my other blog three times.
• Read six blog posts, commenting on three of them.
• Write four entries in “Early Ministry”.
• Run three times, at least one time for three miles.
• Promote my writing on social media two times.
• Promote our nonprofit on social media two times.
• Submit a piece somewhere.
· NEW goal – write up bios of the four people who want to be in my new novel.
Finally, my Goals for the Round:
· Finish writing “The Early Ministry of Jesus in 40 Days” Have written 24 entries, which means there are 11 more to go.
· Edit seven chapters of “Hope Through God’s Redemption” Have edited four chapters.
· Submit four items for publication Have submitted three items.
· Have worked up to running a full 5K Ran/walked the distance twice, hope to run it all in the coming week.
Since I am over half way through each of these goals, I am going to give them all yellow lights. Green will be coming soon!
This is the location which is the inspiration for my new book. Not much to look at now, but can you imagine how grand it was in its day?