Even though I had a lot going on last week, I managed to get a lot done. I didn’t even cave to stress, well, almost one time, but you can read about that here.
Goals for last week:
· Post to this blog twice, post to my other blog three times. Accomplished.
· Read six blog posts, commenting on three of them. Accomplished.
· Write one entry in “Early Ministry”. Accomplished.
· Run two times. Accomplished. I actually got in three runs, going three miles once, one mile once and a half mile once.
· Promote my writing on social media two times. Gosh, I don’t remember. I didn’t mark it off on my white-board, so I guess not.
· Promote our nonprofit on social media two times. Accomplished.
I actually worked on the nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers, four different days last week. I really do not know how I fit that in. My daughter and I were pushing to get our business plan finished. She seems to think we are really close, but I just look at the file and go, “what?” I mean, until ten months ago, I had no idea what a business plan was or why any organization needed one (except that even as a writer, I could probably use a personal business plan of my own).
One cool thing happened. Tuesday night we were working on the business plan with this woman who is in marketing for a large corporation and I’m sure she has an MBA or other degrees. She asked my daughter where she went to school. Val knew what she meant, but answered the name of her high school. The woman replied something like “but you come across like such a professional and you are so knowledgeable.” As much as I want my bachelor’s degree, sometimes I just rather stick people’s degrees where the sun don’t shine. Moving along…
Next week, I don’t have too much going on, so I hope to be ubber-productive.
• Post to this blog twice, post to my other blog three times.
• Read six blog posts, commenting on three of them.
• Write two entries in “Early Ministry”.
• Edit the next section of “Hope” which the author is sending me today.
• Run three times, at least one time for three miles.
• Promote my writing on social media two times.
• Promote our nonprofit on social media two times.
• Submit a piece somewhere, because I haven’t done that in a long time.
Finally, my Goals for the Round:
· Finish writing “The Early Ministry of Jesus in 40 Days” Have a very long ways to go.
· Edit seven chapters of “Hope Through God’s Redemption” Have edited two chapters.
· Submit four items for publication Have submitted two items.
· Have worked up to running a full 5K Ran/walked the distance once, now need to run it all.
What plans have you got for the upcoming week and for Memorial Day weekend?
|IDP camp at Maai Mahui. Why I believe in Tumaini Volunteers, because kids should have more than this on their playgrounds.|