Ok, this is it, my final tally for the Round.
· My reading goal is to finish four of the books that I started reading a while back. I finished reading, “Decoding Daniel”, “The Deer on a Bicycle” and “Deception”, as well as starting and finishing “Standing Stones” and “The Fault in Our Stars”. I only have one chapter left of “Sell Your Book Like Wildfire”, but I just couldn’t get it done.
· Finish my novel. I’ve written through chapter 24, and though they say the average novel is 40 chapters, I think mine will come in around 28 or 30 chapters tops.
· I will get back on track with my blogging, twice a week here and three times a week on my other blog. I was pretty faithful on my blogging.
· Submit three pieces each Round. I sent a piece to Our Wisconsin Magazine and one to The American Journal of Nursing. To complete my goal, I sent a picture of my cat Fred to the Page-A-Day Cat Calendar contest. Is that stretching it?
|Picture of Fred, but not the one I submitted.|
· Walk and document streets in my hometown once a week. Have only gotten in a few streets, but have written four blogs, so I feel I am off and running – er – walking. And I also finally got a map scanned into the computer so I can document where I have walked.
|Map of Tomahawk, with the streets I have walked already in green. There are more outlying streets to be walked, but will tweak the map when I walk them.|
HOME AND FAMILY
· My daughter and I are still working on our nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers. We are planning a “friend-raiser” for June 21. That is my goal with the nonprofit this month: help with and attend the “friend-raiser”. Had the friend-raiser picnic last weekend and now my daughter is already planning another one for August. It never ends.
· Running. Had been averaging three short runs a week, but now haven’t run in over a week. I don’t know. I’m not going to kick myself, but keep trying to stay in some sort of shape.
· Sewing. I think I only sewed that one scrub top, hemmed my brother’s pants and patched my husband’s shirt. Oh, well, it is summer now and no time for sewing til fall.
|My new scrub top for work, covered in flamingos, beach balls and flip-flops.|
And that’s it folks. See ya in July.