Wow, is it possible I was this productive this week?
· My reading goal is to finish four of the books that I started reading a while back. I have finished three of them and am ¾ of the way through the fourth book. I also started reading two more books, because I am weak.
· Finish my novel. I did write one section of a chapter. I also had an epiphany of how I was going to end it, so I did some research into that. Most of the story takes place in 1996, and I never knew why, that was just the time it happened, I thought. Until an actual event around that time period came to mind and I can use that to pull it all together and even tie into current events of 2014. I can’t say more than that, I don’t want to give it away.
· I will get back on track with my blogging, twice a week here and three times a week on my other blog. I blogged here twice and blogged not only three times, but four times on my other blog. I posted a “bonus blog” and even put it on my website. The marketing guy at my publisher told me how important it is to keep updating your website or you might as well shut it down. I hate to shut it down, so I better do some updates.
· Submit three pieces each Round. I have submitted two things so far this Round.
HOME AND FAMILY
· My daughter and I are still working on our nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers. We are planning a “friend-raiser” for June 21. That is my goal with the nonprofit this month: help with and attend the “friend-raiser”. Val is supposed to come up today so we can work on this.
· Sewing. I am almost done with my scrub top, just the side seams and hem are left. I plan on finishing that today.
· Running. I ran three times this week, only going between one and two miles each time. I think I am going to just stick with that and skip running a 5K. I like the thought of competition, but I am my own strongest competitor, so all I have to prove is to prove it to myself.
· Yard. I tilled the garden and planted some more grass in my new oasis area of the yard. All my veges are up, flowers in all the flower gardens are taking off and some of the new grass planted last week is coming up. I’m so psyched with my yard right now. Just waiting for the mosquitoes to burn off.
This was my garden from 2009. I haven't taken a picture of it yet (hard to believe, isn't it?), but things are coming up about this much already.