On this blog I write about the goals that I come up with for each Round of Words in 80 Days. I also have a separate list of goals for the entire year. I call it my 40 things in ’14, coz I couldn’t come up with 50 things, and this had a nice ring to it anyway.
One of those year-long goals is to walk every street in my town, taking pictures and then blogging about it. I have wanted to do this for a while, ever since I started following Matt Green’s blog here. I thought wouldn’t it be cool to get this following of people, all walking and blogging about the place where they live and it could be a “thing”. You know?
Well, the “thing” hasn’t happened and I am so bad at promoting stuff and just need to concentrate on my already long-enough list of things to accomplish. But I have started the blog posts about my own walks in my own town, hoping to walk the streets once a week. And that’s just how it’s going to be.
And here is what else I did this week.
· My reading goal is to finish four of the books that I started reading a while back. As already shared, I have finished three of these books. The fourth one, “Sell Your Book Like Wildfire”, is a thorn in my side; I find it depressing because I cannot fathom using any of these techniques to sell my books. In the meantime, however, I started two other books last week. Then, on Friday, I suggested to my Kinship Kid that we should go to a movie today, and she wanted to go to “The Fault in our Stars”. She had read the book, loved it, cried through the entire second half of it, so naturally wanted to see the movie. And I naturally wanted to read the book before seeing the movie, so immediately downloaded it to my Kindle and finished it in a day and a half.
· Finish my novel. I did write three sections. Am on Chapter 23. I don’t know if I will be able to finish writing it this Round or not. Ok, realistically, there is no way I will finish it. But I will continue to dream on it.
· I will get back on track with my blogging, twice a week here and three times a week on my other blog. Once again, believe it or not, I blogged twice here and four times on my other blog. I really need to lower the bar or all of this blog writing will be the new norm.
· Submit three pieces each Round. I am still at two things for this Round.
HOME AND FAMILY
· My daughter and I are still working on our nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers. We are planning a “friend-raiser” for June 21. That is my goal with the nonprofit this month: help with and attend the “friend-raiser”. Promoting the friend-raiser on-line and at work. Hoping for good weather!
· Sewing. As I posted on Wednesday (I think), I finished my scrub top and wore it to work this week. I also fixed a co-worker’s jacket.
· Running. I ran three times this week, only going between one and two miles each time.
A Sidewalk full of spring seed-pods, along one of the many streets I have started walking.