After last week’s scare, I only got back to writing on Friday. My son was able to resurrect my laptop and the first thing I did was back everything up. In two places.
Other than that, I don’t know where the week went. With Christmas barreling towards us, I don’t know how much I will work on my goals, but I’m still going to give it a shot. (Green highlight is a goal that is on track, yellow highlight was at least worked on, red letters is a total fail.)
1) Finish writing my current novel, “The Big House”. I squeezed in 2,158 words. Which brings my word count up to 46% finished. No, I won’t finish it this month, but I’m still proud I made it this far.
2) Work on readying “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” for publication. I hope to hear from my editor this week. In the meantime, I did research some book festivals and started composing my application for one.
3) Continue posting to my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles” three times a week. On track, three posts last week.
4) Work on my daughter’s nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers. Worked on a few things this week. I listed two items on our Etsy store and posted our information on the Facebook page of the craft show we are at next weekend. I also messaged four of the people who had expressed interest in traveling with us to Kenya in the spring to try to get a commitment out of them. Also spent what seems like a lot of time rehashing things with my daughter. I think she must be bipolar, as much as she waffles on things. Oh, well, we’ll get through. Right now, it still looks like I’ll be returning to Kenya with her in the Spring. Which means I need to come up with the money, in addition to everything else I need to do in the next few months. Oh, well.
6) Get my body in shape. Not as much as I would like, but I think I exercised four mornings and two evenings. My weight is down a whole pound or so. Oh, boy.
This week, I am going Christmas shopping with Hubby on Monday. Tuesday night I have to help decorate the church for Christmas. And I work on Friday, my usual day off, to make up for being off Monday to go shopping. Saturday I will be at the craft show all day. It could be another unproductive week, but we’ll see what happens.
|From another recent craft sale|