Friday, June 22, 2018

Badge of Honor and a Humble Thank You


Yesterday, I received the following email from the team at the Grace Awards. The purpose of this award is to “expand the tent pegs of Christian fiction”, choosing novels in six separate categories. Last March, I was nominated for this award and was one of the three finalists in the category of women’s fiction/general fiction. Though I didn’t win the final competition, being a finalist is certainly a big deal and a great honor. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all my friends who nominated "Where the Sky Meets the Sand." Thank you to my publisher Ambassador International for bringing this award to my attention so that I could ask all those friends to help me out.

Your judging team had a few words for you and the awards does have a badge for you.

WHERE THE SKY MEETS THE SAND by Chris Loehmer Kincaid (Ambassador International)

Author Chris Loehmer Kincaid’s love for Africa shines through in this complex story, WHERE THE SKY MEETS THE SAND. She takes the reader to a continent many of us will never have the chance to visit, while finding a way to share the heroine’s personal pain in a way that should resonate with anyone who lives with regrets. When American Jenny Neumeyer and her husband take a trip to Africa, they have no idea that it will become part of their lives, and their future.  Somewhere in the eyes of a young, solitary African boy, Jenny sees that she can no longer avoid the painful secrets of her past.  The author uses multiple viewpoints and alternates between present day and the heroine’s youth, to take the reader through Jenny’s past. The Grace Awards judges congratulate the author on providing readers with this tale of the redeeming power of faith and love.

Thank you again to everyone who has supported and continues to encourage me in my writing journey. (Now I just have to figure out how to post my badge of honor on my social media!)


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations for writing a wonderful story AND being recognized. May this award bring you many new readers!

    ReplyDelete