Sunday, August 19, 2018

it really is time to get back at it

Once again, I don’t know where the week went. I’m like – argh! When am I going to start getting stuff done!? Oh, well, I guess that’s what the coming week is for.

Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is goal at least worked on, red lettering is goal not even attempted.

A. WRITING
1. Finish another edit of my novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.” Still only through chapter 20, don’t remember the last time I looked at it.    
2. Continue tweaking my book proposal / query, as needed for each literary agent I intend to contact next. I have decided to put this on hold for now. I am going to a writers’ retreat next month and I will work on it then, when I have experts around to guide me.    
3. Write nine chapters on my next novel, which I am giving the working title of “New Old Spies.”  Nadda, also haven’t looked at it.
4. Write two inspirational pieces for the page-a-day calendar at my work.  I was all ready to change this to green, but I only wrote one piece to go with one quote.   
5. Write two posts per week for my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”. I posted three times. Yeah! Finally added some green!
B. REACHING
1. Send proposals / queries to the next agents on my list.  See #2 above.  
2. Submit the two inspirational pieces to my work calendar.  I submitted the one that I wrote.    
3. Promote myself or a piece of my writing (whether it be promoting one of my books, submitting a piece somewhere, saying something brilliant about my writing on my social media, etc.) once a week. Hmm? Nope.  
C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible. Yes.
2. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”. Yes.
3. Read five other people’s blog posts per week and comment on two of them. I read three and commented on two.      
4. Finish reading three books. I read one and am still working on “Emma” by Jane Austen. I am almost half-way through it.       
D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Increase my water intake, averaging 60 ounces per day. I hadn’t been, but then started getting cramps in my legs at night, probably coz of the humidity, so the last few days I have really been pushing it.  
b. Lose five pounds and three inches around my waist. I may have taken off a pound or two. Hard to tell, as I weigh myself at home and at work every single day, maybe more, which I know I shouldn’t do, but my weight (anyone’s!) fluctuates by a pound or two throughout the day.  
c. Exercise four mornings a week and three evenings a week. I did four mornings and I think three evenings.   
2. Home fires
a. Scan 100 of my mom’s pictures. None yet.
b. Wash all of my house’s windows.   Done with just over half the house.     
c. Do a major cleaning of one of my closets. Not yet, but did work on some drawers in the kitchen. Took a box and two bags of stuff to Goodwill too.    
d. Host my brother-in-law’s wedding at my house on August 4. This should have stars and fireworks next to it!   
a. Write the Policy and Procedure manual. Not yet, but talking to my daughter last night, I have more things to add to it.
b. Host two merchandise sales. We had one the first Saturday in August, but we have also sold over a hundred dollars’ worth of stuff at a store in town, so I’m calling this goal met!  
c. Do a thorough inventory of our current merchandise. Yes, yeah!
d. Apply for grants. Not yet.
e. Raise enough money ($5,000) to start the first segment of the community center. Let’s be optimistic. We raised $585 in July, and have over $6,000 in the bank, so we are getting there. (That money in the bank has to cover our other expenses, so not all of it can count towards the five thousand, maybe half of it only.) Also, my kids updated the website. 

One bonus goal is that I made these little coasters for our bedroom, the water bottles we slurp from all night long when we can’t sleep. I have gathered the supplies for an exercise quilt too, which I hope to put together today. ‘Sigh’. I need to focus, don’t I? If I want to get this list done. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the coasters. Sometimes these little things we make brighten us when we least expect it. I can't believe you're reading Jane Austin, so formal. I'm reading Nine Continents, a memoir of a young Chinese woman who grew up in a rural area and became an international traveler and writer! Wish you had a way to prioritize your list so it wouldn't look so overwhelming (I'm kind of in the same place!). Have a great week with all that you do!

    ReplyDelete