Sunday, June 28, 2020

switching things up

My original blog, The Dino Chronicles, follows the stories of my life - past and present, my crazy thoughts and insights, and random happenings. Series like walking the streets of my hometown, coming to the clinic and coping with coronavirus. And lots of pictures.

When I started this blog eight years ago, I wanted to use it as a sort of journal of my writing journey and my trudge to publication. The plan was to share my personal thoughts and dreams on writing as well as boring things like word count and how long I managed to keep my fingers typing on any given day.

The real catalyst that got this blog started was the ROW80 (round of words in 80 days) Facebook group. ROW80 asks that writers blog about their writing goals and progress, so that’s what I’ve been posting here the last few years on Sundays. I haven’t shared those posts from this blog as much as I have the Dino Chronicles, probably because I thought I would bore you.  

With the release (hopefully!) of my latest novel later this week, I’ve been rethinking both my blogs. I’ve decided the thing to do is to get back to basics and write about my writing here and share that with the world as much as my other blog. The Dino Chronicles will return to the stories I spin, while this log will tell you what orbit those stories are spinning in.

And all of this because, as mentioned, I hope to release “The Truth Beyond the River” later this week. As I already wrote on one blog or the other, the story begins around the Fourth of July in 1974. How appropriate for it to hit Amazon (it won’t be hitting any bookstores near you) around that date this year, right?

There are also several characters and scenes, as well as a main part of the story line, which are very relevant to our national news this month. I’ll go into all of that in detail next time.

Here, though, in keeping with the ROW80 group, are my goals for this week.

1) My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”.  
a. Finalize the back cover.
b. Format the e-version. I thought I was all done with this, but I have to do some kind of tortuous hoop-jumping to get the chapters to be accessible by a tap on the Kindle.
c. Scan through the formatted paper version one last time.
d. Publish both the e-version and paper version on Amazon.  
e. Market, market, market. Not sure what I’m going to do there yet; there’s a lot in my head.  
2) That’s really all I can get done this week. I just needed to add a second bullet point because that is what they taught us in school.

Hope this wasn’t too boring. And I hope you are looking forward to getting your own copy of “The Truth Beyond the River”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment