Sunday, November 29, 2020

Moving Onward

  I hope you and your family had a safe and healthy Thanksgiving. It was just me and Hubby, and the dog and three cats of course. We planned on having movie day, but making our simple meal and other things around here took up more time than anticipated, so we only watched one movie, “Love Actually.” It was really good and I can’t believe we had never seen it before.

Anyway, here’s how this week’s goals turned out. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

A. Writing

1. My novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,700 words. I wrote 1,817 words, parts of two chapters.

b. Do an hour of research. At least an hour, probably more. I stumbled (via the internet) on the northern most confederate gravesite right here in my own state and totally went down the rabbit hole of its entire history. I definitely need to work it into my story.

            2. Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. Yes.

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”.  Yes, three.  

B. Reaching

            1. I’m going to do a Christmas promo this year for all my books.

a. Send out an email on it to my subscribers. Yes. Sold one book via it.

C. Reading

1.  Read blog posts by four other people. Yes, I think so.

2. Read two books in the Bible, 2nd and 3rd John. Yes, read the book of Jude too.  

3. Read half of “Everything to Lose”.  Up to 52%.

D. Remaining

            1. The sweatshirt throw.

a. Cut out more squares. Yes, cut out as many as I’m going to until I sew the ones I have.

b. Start putting the next one together. Yes, laid out two of them and sewed one together. Putting the back on is the tricky part, so I’m putting that off.  

2. Post two more items for sale on Facebook Marketplace. Posted four total.

3. Family tree, work on it one evening. Yes, I think I kept it to one evening.  

Since this past week was deer hunting season and my mom practically beat it into us as kids to not go near the woods during gun season, I haven’t taken a walk in my woods for nine days. I’m looking forward to getting back out there in the morning, even if it means getting up earlier. I need my fresh air.

Other than that, I don’t think there’s much going on this week. My boss is off tomorrow, so hopefully work will go well for at least that one day this week. Checking the obituaries on-line, I see we have lost a boatload of patients over the last few days. So very sad. Not sure how many were COVID related as most of them were quite old, so it could be anything. Still, so very sad, considering none of them will be having funerals.

Well, there you have it. What about the coming week? I’m going to try to keep moving onward.

A. Writing

1. My novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,700 words. I really need to step this up. It appears to be the only goal I am really lagging on.

b. Do an hour of research.

            2. Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. 

b. Write three posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”.

B. Reaching – I have no ideas for this week, but hopefully I come up with something!  

C. Reading

1.  Read blog posts by four other people.

2. Read up to chapter eight in Revelation in the Bible. If you’ve never read it, it is somewhat of a bear to get through, all that imagery and cryptic writing. It’s slow reading for me.   

3. Finish reading “Everything to Lose”. 

D. Remaining

            1. The sweatshirt throw.

                        a. Put the backing on #2.

b. Start sewing together #3. (I have a total of eight in mind, by the way. I’ve already told myself that they will not get finished by Christmas.)

2. Post two more items for sale on Facebook Marketplace. (I may only have two more things I want to sell there.)

3. Family tree, work on it one evening. And only one evening, as it is so easy to get sucked in to it.

4. Call our contractor about the projects we want to have done on the house. I don’t think I’ve mentioned this before. Since we finally have enough money in the bank to put into the house, we’ve decided it’s time to redo the kitchen, along with two other small projects. We’ve been talking about it and looking up ideas on-line and my head is already spinning in anticipation of all the decisions to make. If anyone wants to swoop in and pick everything out for us (within our budget), I would be fine with that.

Hope you have a good week. December starts in two days, which is my official start of the Christmas season. Keep in touch with your loved ones especially this time of year in these difficult times. Chris

Hubby and I eating our Thanksgiving dinner. 

Throw #2. Family history and story in this one. 

Anyone want an adorable Precious Moments teapot? 

Our cupboard doors are only one of the problems in our kitchen. 


2 comments:

  1. "Love Actually" sounds like a good choice, though it's more of a Christmas movie of course. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the movie was a great choice, to kick off the start of the Christmas season. ;)

      Delete