Sunday, January 2, 2022

Welcome to 2022

 Oh, my, it has been a long time, hasn’t it? 

I think most people would agree that 2021 turned out to be even worse than 2020. Which means that in my little corner of the world, NOTHING good happened, at least not on my writing goals, or even on many of my personal goals.

We got a few big things done – finally remodeled our kitchen and bathroom and took a lot of weekend trips. Unfortunately, I also worked too many hours at the day job, had COVID, and watched too much TV. Not enough yet, because I still cannot carry on a conversation with someone about what they’ve been binge-watching. 

But back to my writing. I only submitted two pieces all year, and only one was accepted. As far as my novels, I haven’t worked on any of them since February! Yikes! 

It’s a new year, though, time to look forward and not back. 

The fantastic news is that I plan on retiring from the day job in June! I cannot wait! I am so burned out. Ask anyone who works in health care – we are all burned out. I feel guilty about quitting, turning my back on my co-workers and my patients, but I just can’t do it anymore. 

I’m hoping to cut back to two or three days a week the first of March and be done the first week of June. We’ll see. It’s not set in stone yet. And after I take the summer off, I’ll probably realize that we can’t afford it and will have to seek gainful employment somewhere. Hubby thinks I’ll get bored, but I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine that. 

In the meantime, I’m not sure that I’ll have the time to get back to writing much. But my initial goal is to at least post here once or twice a month with an update on what the next few months are going to bring. 

I hope you all had a reasonable 2021 – I don’t expect anyone to say it was a great year. But I am sending happy thoughts and high hopes that we all have a better 2022.  

Just one of many trips. Planning many more. 


1 comment:

  1. I hope retiring will be everything you want it to be and 2022 is better!

    ReplyDelete