Friday, December 2, 2022

announcing . . . .

Do you ever read a novel and wonder where the author got all their ideas from? I know that I do. I want to get right inside that writer’s head. Maybe it’s because, as a writer, I feel that will help me come up with ideas, or maybe I’m just nuts.

For some reason, it reminds me of this quote from my sister Pat: Sometimes I wonder how come I turned out so weird, so different from everyone else. Maybe it’s because I’m left-handed and I think out of the other side of my brain. Or maybe I’m an alien and I think out of someone else’s brain. It’s probably from reading too many sci-fi books and eating ice cream and saltines for supper.

Except that I’m not left-handed. But I do use my computer mouse with my left hand, and I’m always a little – what’s the word – psyched when people ask if I’m left-handed. Coz that has always been one of my secret dreams. But I think out of the other side of the brain, the one that says I am indeed simply right-handed.

So never mind all of that. If you have ever completed and published a piece of work, you possibly realize why I am rambling so. This was supposed to be a big MY NOVEL IS PUBLISHED blog post, and I had lots of things I wanted to share with you. But instead, here I am talking like a sausage, as my mother would say.

Quickly, pictures, because they always help me reel it in. (I wonder on which side of the brain pictures reside.) I snapped all of these one Friday afternoon when I drove myself on a tour of multiple places in southeast Wisconsin which held significance to my book.

The Aztalan one-room schoolhouse just east of Lake Mills, Wisconsin, which graces the cover of my novel, “Prior to Now”.

At nearby Aztalan State Park. Looks like an interesting place. I didn’t have much time when I stopped there in September, because I had an appointment at the next place. 

Milton House Museum. Very fascinating and historic place. So glad I booked the tour that day.

Camp Randall Memorial Arch at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.

The Confederate Rest graveyard at Forest Hill Cemetery in Wisconsin. Nearly forty years ago, when I attended the UW-Madison for one semester, I drove by this cemetery every day and never knew that this area was there and surely never thought I’d ever write about it.

So, there you have it. Not so much the stories behind the story, but at least the pictures behind the story. All of which were snapped after I finished writing the book. Because, once again, I think out of the alien’s side of my brain.

To wrap up, click on the link below and pre-order the e-version of “Prior to Now”. It will be available to read by December 5. Hopefully, I’ll have the print version available soon.

Thanks, Chris

https://www.amazon.com/Prior-Now-Chris-Loehmer-Kincaid-ebook/dp/B0BN69YYRB/ref=sr_1_1?crid=38Y8NM9GUOARA&keywords=chris+loehmer+kincaid&qid=1669946780&sprefix=chris+loehmer+kincaid%2Caps%2C149&sr=8-1


No comments:

Post a Comment