Sunday, December 22, 2013

Winding Down and Checking Off Goals

I. READING –
A. Daily goal
1. Read two other blog posts a day. Na, I don’t think so.            
2. Read in at least one of the many books I am reading. Again, I don’t think so.       
B. Goals for the Round                           
1. Have finished reading five books. YES.     

II. WRITING
A. Daily goal
1. Work on something for two hours a day. Definitely not.   
a. Work on “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”, the second book in the Bible Stories in 40 Days series. No.         
b. Write on my novel. No.     
c. Write my blog posts. Yes.
B. Goals for the Round.
1. Have published “The Christmas Story in 40 Days”. YES.
2. Have finished the first draft of “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”. No.   
3. Have finished my novel.  No.

III. REACHING
A.      Weekly goal.
1. Have promoted either one of my books on one other site or in person. No, I have not. I am bummed out because sales are down on both books, but I really haven’t been doing any marketing on either one of them.  
2. Comment on two other blog posts. I think so.   
3. Research markets for an hour.  Umm, no.
4. Keep up on social media, responding to all messages.  Yes.
5. Have contacted one organization about a speaking engagement. No.
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have submitted three pieces somewhere.  YES. For the Round I submitted my book, “A Time to Every Purpose Under Heaven” to the Xulon Press Writers Contest. I submitted my snow poem to Wilda Morris’s monthly poetry challenge. (I heard back already, by the way, and I did not win this month’s challenge.) And today, I submitted my piece about my angel encounter to “Chicken Soup for the Soul”.
2. Have booked three speaking engagements or book signings. No.  

IV. PERSONAL
A. Exercise - Continue exercising three times a week. I exercised three or four times. I got this totally crazy idea to run in a Mudder this summer. It is an obstacle course with running, ropes, climbing, crawling through mud. It sounds like fun but they say it is both a physical and mental challenge. I have to think on this some more and really get serious about training if I am going to do this.  
B. Nonprofit - Continue working on Tumaini Volunteers, Inc. No, but Izzo, our Kenyan contact, finally was able to get a Visa, so he is coming to the states this week. We hope to get together with him somehow, somewhere.  
C. Sewing - Finish three projects by the end of the year. YES. I sewed a scrub top for work this week (pictured below), as well as several teeny tiny Christmas projects.      
D. Church Christmas Program - By December 21, have written, organized, rehearsed and held our church’s Christmas program. YES. The program was last night and I have to admit it went off without a hitch.       
E. Armageddon - By the end of the year, have gotten together supplies for most any conceivable crisis, natural or man-made, which could cause life as we know it to come to a crashing halt. I did buy a few supplies for the box. As soon as the hubby and I have a day off and no Christmas stuff going on, we will get this done.  


The new scrub top
The Christmas Program

2 comments:

  1. When I clicked on The Christmas Story in 40 Days cover, it went to a page for A Time for Every Purpose Under Heaven. I didn't see any links to the Christmas Story book there. Not sure if that was a glitch or I'm clueless -- but here's hoping it's the latter!

    Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that has happened to me too. Sorry about that. I will check it out.

      Delete