Sunday, February 16, 2014

Several Changes in Schedule this Week

I work on most of these goals on Friday, my day off from the day-job, but this week I had to work on Friday. I went into work on Monday, thinking this is going to be one long week, but as it turned out we had extra people that day, so I volunteered to go home. So I did some of my Friday things on Monday, and since that was so long ago, I forgot what I did.
                                                                                             
Wednesday night was also the first time I attended a meeting of our new writers group. It went well, and I hope that as the group evolves we are all able to help each other out.

The last thing that happened this week, which was out of the normal routine, was that I went to an educational seminar for work yesterday. As I mention below, I sold six books (without trying!) and also talked to a few people about our nonprofit.

So here’s how the week really panned out.

I. READING
A. Weekly goal
1. Read five other blog posts a week.  Yes.       
2. Read ten hours a week in one of the books I am reading.  No, I don’t think I did.  
B. Goals for the Round                           
1. Have finished reading five books. I am at three. Last night I finished “Miracle at Tenwek”. Finally.  

II. WRITING
A. Weekly goal
1. Work on something five times a week.     
a. Work on “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”, the second book in the Bible Stories in 40 Days series. Yes, I wrote one more day.   
b. Write on my novel. No.
c. Write my blog posts. No, I only blogged twice in The Dino Chronicles and once here.
B. Goals for the Round.  
1. Have finished the first draft of “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”. No.
2. Have written half of my novel.  No.

III. REACHING
A.      Weekly goal.
1. Promote either one of my books on one other site or in person. Yes, I was at a conference for work yesterday and sold six books, so I am going to count that.  
2. Comment on two other blog posts.  Yes.
3. Research markets for an hour. Yes, I really think I did, I just can’t remember now what.  
4. Keep up on social media, responding to all messages.  Yes.
5. Contact one organization about a speaking engagement.  Yes, I mailed out letters to two churches.
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have submitted three pieces somewhere. I think I am still at one.
2. Have booked three speaking engagements or book signings. Still at one, the radio interview this Tuesday. Wish me luck.

IV. PERSONAL
A. Exercise - Continue exercising four times a week, including running on the treadmill.  Yes.
B. Nonprofit - Continue working on Tumaini Volunteers, Inc., applying for tax exempt status by the end of the Round.  YES, I worked on our Business Plan some more and sent it out to two people I know, one who is in marketing and one who works for another nonprofit. They are going to look at what I have so far and make suggestions.
C. Sewing - Finish two projects this Round.  Not yet.

One hundred fellow medical professionals at Saturday's conference. I should have sold more books, huh? I would probably have to write medical books for that to happen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment