I was planning on keeping it simple this Round. But it seems that if I don’t have a long list of stringent goals I just don’t do much of anything. Is anyone else already tweaking and adding goals? Or subtracting goals??
This is the meager list I began the Round with.
1) Publish “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days” – I have finished eight of the ten items on the list my publisher sent me. I told him I would work on my biography this week, but sorry to say, that did not happen. I got an email from him the other day saying that my editor has finished the first round of edits and that they are sending the manuscript next to be proof-read. Hopefully by the end of the week they will send it back to me for my review. Also, the graphic designer for the cover art will be back from a ministry trip and should get back to the cover this week. Sounds like things are moving along.
1) Submit three pieces somewhere. Last Sunday night I submitted the flash fiction piece, “Would You?” to Splickety magazine. The last time I sent them something, the editor emailed me back within two days that they didn’t accept it, so going a whole week has to be a good sign, unless of course they never received it for some strange internet-glich reason. In any event, that was my second piece submitted already this Round.
2) Finish the novel. I actually worked on the novel, writing one section of about 300 words. I cannot believe how I am dragging that thing out. It makes me wonder if it is meant to be.
3) Start my third devotional, with a tentative title of "The Early Ministry of Jesus in 40 Days". I don’t remember working on it this week. Hmm?
4) Christmas program at church. Didn’t do much with the program this week, just got our organist on board. I keep thinking I have lots of time, but it less than two months away!
What else have I been doing? We went to a family wedding on Friday. It was such a beautiful fall day. Ideal weather! And such a beautiful couple. Best wishes to Ann and Joe on a long and joyful life together.
The couple with Ann's dad and step mom. The sad part of the wedding was that her mom had died of cancer right before Ann graduated from high school in 2007. The happy part is that her mom was watching from heaven and certainly approving of it all.