Sunday, December 14, 2014

A Busy Week that included Christmas Seals

I am pretty sure that I already told you that this past week was not going to be productive as far as ROW goals. I got home from work at 7:30 on Monday. Tuesday I met a friend for supper at the Chinese restaurant and after that had to drop some stuff off at church, so it was going on seven when I got home. Wednesday I had to stop at church after work to make sure that everything was a go for the Christmas program on the 20th. I confirmed everyone’s assignments and handed out parts. Thursday I was at church one more time, to bake cookies for the bazaar this weekend. I actually had made my cookies already last weekend, but I roped the others who were done with their baking into helping me color the program covers which didn’t get done by the kids the night before. Friday I had the day off from the day job, but went to see my daughter. Had planned on having her help me with Christmas shopping, but we continued to get sidetracked with one thing or another. Yesterday, I was going to go shopping with my Kinship kid, but she had a change of plans, so I stayed home and actually got some housework done and decorated for Christmas.

Whew! I have four totes and several other boxes full of Christmas decorations and other years I have put everything out. This year, I said I don’t really care, I am cutting back, this is ridiculous. So I put out my nativities, hang a few things on the wall, put out about a half dozen knickknacks, and I am done. When the hubby came home from work, he said, “Well, it looks nice. All you have left to do is the tree.” I gave him “the look” and told him he could do the tree this year. We’ll see.
 
When my mom moved last year, she gave me an old Mexican nativity set. I don’t remember where it came from. It’s pretty cool, but I didn’t know that seals were at the Jesus’s birth. Oh, of course, Christmas seals.
Sorry, Lord, I couldn’t help it.

Anyway, no writing got done. If you read my Wednesday post, you know my publisher did list “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days” on Amazon.com.  The ebook is currently available, but I am still waiting for the paperback version.  Still. Impatiently, I might add.

 How has your week been? Are Christmas preparations getting in the way of your goals? 

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of Christmas seals, but they weren't actually...seals. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas seals, of course. Makes perfect sense. ;-D And don't worry, I'm sure God's chuckling over it with us. I mean, you know He has a sense of humor; look at the platypus, for goodness' sake!

    I'm sure you'll be able to get back to your goals soon. The holiday season is exhausting, I know, but soon we'll be starting a whole new year, and a whole new Round, and I know you'll be back to going strong then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are way ahead of me on Christmas decorations :-) The same half-made origami star has been on my floor for the last four days, hoping I'd take time to finish it. The Christmas seals are adorable!

    ReplyDelete