Sunday, December 21, 2014

One more thing off the list

 Last night, I was able to cross off one of my goals for this Round. The Children’s Christmas Program came off without a hitch. Ok, honestly, there was a bobble or two, but no hitches.

Big goal - Publish “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”   I have still not received a physical copy of the book. My publisher says that he has been in contact with the printer on a nearly daily basis and that now with the holiday crunch, they just have not been able to get my book out. I’m pretty bummed about it, but also try telling myself that God must have some great reason for letting this delay continue to drag on. 

Small goals
Finish writing my novel – Yep, finished that a while back and haven’t even looked at it since. 
Work on my third devotional – Nope, haven’t looked at it. That is what January 1 is for.
Submit three pieces somewhere – Yep, submitted three pieces. I believe two were rejected and one is still pending.
Christmas program at church – Yeah! All done!

I think that I am restructuring my goals for next Round. I think I will have a few big goals for the total Round (write so many days on the new devotional, have edited six chapters on the novel), but otherwise I think I will take it week-by-week. I don’t foresee myself being as busy as I have been the last four months, but maybe if I take it a week at a time, I can set up goals which are attainable and which keep me moving forward instead of falling into the quagmire of the past month. (Here’s something truly amazing, I spelled “quagmire” correctly on my second try! I don’t know, I think that is amazing.)

In the meantime, I hope everyone has an especially Happy Christmas. See you all in the New Year. 
 There's only six kids in our whole Sunday School. But I keep telling everyone that if we fall to one kid in Sunday School we need to keep it going just for that one. 
I really don't do anything for the program except put it together. Two women lead this creative expression ministry and two others run the Sunday School. During the actual program, my only job was keeping the middle schoolers who were ushering on task. 
Oh, and taking pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment