Sunday, December 6, 2015

exciting week

Let’s start with that wonderful list of accomplishments this Round.
  
  • Blogged about my trip to Africa.
  • Wrote a summary of my trip to Kenya and financial prospectus.  
  • Set up dates to do my presentation. The first talk is this Friday, then I have one in January and two in February.  
  • Had two sales of my Kenyan merchandise. Have had three, at which I made a total of over $700.
  • Wrote a newsletter for the nonprofit.
  • Finished reading “Shantaram”.
I don’t know where to put this accomplishment, but click on this link for an exciting article.

I have a lot going on yet this month, in addition to the list below, but I think that I can get it done, along with decorating the tree, writing and mailing out Christmas cards, baking Christmas cookies, etc., etc.


  • My church’s Christmas program. I have the first real draft finished. I will talk to our Sunday School teacher and our organist today to see if there are any changes they think need to be made. Then I will try to finalize everything else on Wednesday night. I still don’t know if we can pull this off, but whatever. It is what it is.
  • Work on a power point presentation of the trip. I really haven’t worked on it this week. I do not know what I am thinking. My first talk is this Friday. Oh, well, just like the Christmas program, somehow it will come together.
  • On the writing end of things… So I started my second memoir about Kenya last week. I am up to 2000 words. Pretty stoked. 
Hopefully my last sale for a while. Tired of dragging this stuff around. 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome on the first draft of the Christmas program being done. I'm sure it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will see if the actual program is awesome though. We have three Sunday School kids, three confirmation class kids and four high schoolers in it. Not many warm little bodies to pull this off. But I've always said I would do it for just one kid.

      Delete
  2. So very much good stuff, and,after all this, your relaxed attitude about what is left is understandable!

    The article is lovely..and you've got me thinking that Tumaini would be a perfect name for a character in an upcoming project of mine...so thank you! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know when you will find something to use in a story. Here's another name. Asante. It means "thank you" in Swahili, but I just saw that as a little girl's name yesterday.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on wonderful achievements and an excellent article. I loved the newsletter you sent and wish you well on those future trips (as well as your writing endeavors). May you have a very good 2016.

    ReplyDelete