Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Yikes!

As I blogged about on Sunday, I have made a serious dent in the goals for this Round, but three of them have been hanging out there, causing me undo stress.

  • My church’s Christmas program. This is the biggest stressor because it is not just about me failing myself, it is about letting down the people at church. I don’t even think it is the kids – there are so few of them and I don’t think that the Christmas Program means as much to them as it did when my generation were kids. But it is what it is. Somehow it will all come together, even though there is such a small handful of people and boys and girls helping with it.   
  • Work on a power point presentation of the trip. I started it and even though I only have four slides done, I think I can pull it together. The presentation I do on the 11th is going to be my practice, and I will just get better from there.
  • On the writing end of things… Yikes! I started it! My second memoir about Kenya. Ok, so it is only like 420 words, but every journey begins with a single step. I will just see where the next couple steps take me and keep going.
 And that’s about it for now. I have a busy week yet. I have to nail down the rest of the Christmas program at church tonight, I work the day job Friday morning, Hubby and I want to go Christmas shopping Friday afternoon and I have a craft show for our Kenyan merchandise all day Saturday. What am I thinking????? And the rest of the month doesn’t get any better than that!

How about your month? Are you going to get everything done in December that you need to? 
My daughter and I in Kenya in 2013.
We had taken a thousand steps to get to the top of the hill, and returned with sunburns, but it was a beautiful day.  

2 comments:

  1. Christmas programs are wonderful and stressful Ours is Sunday night and husband and one daughter is in it. They are always wonderful, even when there are problems. Just try to enjoy it. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CK, for the support. I wasn't able to scare up as much help tonight as I had hoped, but it will come together. Somehow.

      Delete