Sunday, May 21, 2017

Getting my Mojo back

I apologize for posting this so late. We just got home from my daughter’s house. Last week she pulled back the nasty carpet in her living room and discovered that the hardwood floors hiding there were in much better shape than she could have imagined. She spent the rest of the week cleaning and refinishing the floors and was anxious for us to come see. They had just finished putting down the last coat of poly shortly before we got there. 
 Shouldn’t it be illegal to cover up something so beautiful with carpeting. Makes me crazy. 

Anyway, we had just gotten home from camping, jumped in the car and ran to her house. Camping was wonderful, cold and rainy, but that’s why we don’t tent-camp. The popup has its limitations, and taking it down in a mist wasn’t the funniest thing. Nor was putting it up in more rain when we got home – we better have a clear day soon so it can dry out inside. 
The good news is that with the less than optimal weather this weekend, we spent our evenings holed up in the camper, the hubby reading and me? Working on my WIP. Finally. Friday and Saturday night I read through the 38,000 words I had already written, as it has been so long that I forgot where I was with it. Then I wrote 747 words this morning. I know, not record-breaking or anything, but I was pretty pleased with myself.

I have a few things going on a couple evenings this week, but I hope that my mojo has returned, that I can write at least another thousand words this week.

I also got my first draft of the interior design of my novel, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand”. If anyone would like to read a copy of it, so that you can be ready with a review of it as soon as it is available on Amazon, send me your email address and I will send it to you.

It seems like forever ago (October!) that it was accepted for publication. I don’t know how authors wait 18 months to two years to have a copy of their book in their hands. I’ve already kind of lost my excitement over it. Talk about needing some mojo. I’ll really need to get my act together to start promoting this baby.

Right now, just waiting for the cover design and a release date. Then I will turn into marketing queen (or demon, we’ll have to see). 

Have a great week, everyone, and a safe upcoming Memorial Day Weekend. 

5 comments:

  1. We've done the whole set up/take down the camper in the rain thing. Not fun, but it's not bad. And we've spent whole weekends in the camper, too. Glad you got some work done on the WIP. :)

    Beautiful floor. I am with you. Why cover it up?

    Have a good Memorial Day weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, now my fear is that it is supposed to rain all week and I don't know when we will get the camper back down. Oh, well.

      Delete
  2. That floor looks great! And glad you're getting back into it. Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fallon. I'm so proud of my daughter for all the work she's done on her little house.

      Delete
  3. That IS a lovely floor, though I can totally see using a few well-spaced rugs to cut down any echoey effects.

    I love that you made use of rainy camp-days to get some writing done. 747 words is a great start, Chris. Kudos for you!

    ReplyDelete