Sunday, June 4, 2017

Not Beating Myself Up

Once again I had a totally unproductive week. Sometimes I think I should just take the summer off, and I would, except that I have nothing to show for the last six months, so rewarding myself with a vacation would be rewarding my bad behavior. Oh, I know, I shouldn’t beat myself up over this.

I did have a good day today. Spent, remarkably, with my brother. Because he is 16 years older than me, we’ve just never done much together other than the obligatory family gatherings. Today was a family gathering too, but the two of us drove down to it together, and without Mom there as the buffer, it was just the two of us for most of the day.

He told me some stories from his wild youth that I had never heard. It was a good day. Now, I’m scanning old pictures of him, ones I’m sure he hasn’t seen in forever, and no one has ever seen. Good for me he doesn’t have internet, so that when I post these pictures on my other blog on Tuesday in honor of his birthday, he’ll never know.

The only thing that happened in the writing world is that I got three rough drafts of covers for “Where the Sky meets the Sand”. I attached a rough draft of a potential blurb about the book at the end so you can get a feel for what it’s about.


An American businesswoman with a secret past. An African boy without a home. Two missionaries with more than one mission to accomplish. Will all of their wishes come true where the sky meets the sand on the African plain? 
“Where the Sky Meets the Sand” tells the story of Jenny Neumeyer and Ole, a homeless boy she befriends while she and her husband are on vacation in Kenya. This encounter leads her to confront a secret she has kept buried for 14 years. As she comes to terms with her past, two missionaries to Africa discover Ole and are determined to lead him home. Along the way, they realize that the boy is not the only one who is lost.
Jenny, her husband, and the missionaries all discover that their faith in God is what will see them through. 

I like the third cover the best, but would like to have a picture of the woman Jenny included somewhere. We’ll see what the design team comes up.

And this week in my world? Not going to make any promises at all. 

2 comments:

  1. The "shoulds" can get to me, too. I thought for years that I should write a book, and I finally did - but not until I retired. In the meantime, though, I'm consistent about blogging. Which is also writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why it is so important to me to blog at least two or three times a week. Sharing what I have to say. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

      Delete